Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#96601 01/26/05 10:02 PM
A
OP Offline
A
A bunch of us are running away from winter in Iowa and coming down to Ambergris Caye for a week this Saturday. We are staying at Banana Beach (hope its nice) and would really appreciate some expert advise on restaurants that should be on our A list. Can anybody recommend any favorites? This site is really great by the way.

Abbie. We are flying out of Epley on Friday and can't wait. If you are getting there on Saturday night, you might want to take a walk up the beach for a barbaque at BC's for lunch on Sunday. We will be there and sporting our normal Husker garb. Jan is orginally from Iowa and we have a lot of family there. We will look forward to seeing you there.

A
OP Offline
A
Hey Dan and Jan, Small world!!! We live in Council Bluffs so we will be leaving out of Eppley on Saturday morning! We will definitely be on the lookout for Big Red. Hope you guys have a great time and we will try to be at BC's on Sunday afternoon for BBQ! Thanks for the recommendation.

Cheffrank is doing a great job at Banana Beach ... we had one of our best meals there during a recent stay. Treat yourself to his Brazilian Rotisserie - some of the best bar-b-que you'll ever have. A little pricey but truly worth it!

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks for the info on the restaurant at Banana Beach. It's good to know that a good meal will be just a few steps away. Know any fun bars to kick back in and enjoy some of those yummy tropical drinks? I'm coming with a crowd of frozen Iowans who will be looking for some liquid refreshment . Thanks again. :p

Be sure and stop by Casa Picasso. Fairly close to Bannana Beach. Wonderful wonderful food. More important fabulous cocktails. After 9:00 pm it's two for one martini's - like Cosmopolitan's and Lemon Drops (my favorite). Wonderful owners Jen and Chris and Trevor the bartender (Hi you guys!). I understand they just did some remodeling too. I haven't seen it yet but heard it looks great.

Also if you are strolling down the beach stop at Cannibal's. They make a killer Mai Tai. The food is very good there too.

Taste of Thailand is another personal favorite (Hi John and Tippy!), along with Ali Babba's and Stain Glass Pub. Estel's for breakfast.

Have a wonderful trip. I have a bad case of San Pedro fever today. mobunny cool

J
J
Abbie, will arrive B.B. this tues. stop by the beach bar next door at Mata rocks and say hi i will be there with my 2 sisters john from denver..my 10th time down to the cayes, if it's your first you'll love it if not you already know...john in denver

A
OP Offline
A
Hey Mobunny , thanks for the suggestions, I feel 10 pounds heavier just thinking about all the choices! Can't wait-- just a few more hours until we leave for paradise! John from Denver- we will check out Mata rocks and say Hi if you're there with the Sisters!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.