Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#100356 04/05/05 08:04 PM
OP Offline
We drove into our driveway at 1PM EST. The trip still warming us as we noticed the melting snow next to our house.

The trip down to Belize was easy and fun. We arrived early enough to have some wait time for our Mayan Island Flight to San Pedro at BZE. Enjoyed a Belekin and a conversation with Jet (Jet's Bar). When our MI plane was ready my 18 year old daughter was quickly steered to the co-pilot seat by the pilot (glad I had a pre-flight drink for lot's of reasons). Beautiful flight in. We were met by Manuel Conterras (an excellent cab service). Quick and easy.

The last resort type beach front south on Coconut Drive was us; Sunset Beach (Blue buildings). Very good condo. We settled in, and went next door for dinner. Conversation with the waiter migrated toward their closing the restaurant on April 1. I then realized the property the restaurant was on was the Caribe Isle. I remembered the forum discussion. Nice folks and a good meal. Too bad... a real loss.

Activities included a cart trip across The Cut (all the way up to Journey's End), watching local kids swim near the ferry, watching for crockadiles by the Water Plant, flashlites by the pier at night looking for marine life, rum punch fresh made every morning, Ali Baba's chicken, The Crab Shack, inviting Jose (8 year old) and his friend to have some snacks with us at a restaurant, the Chicken Drop, trading bracelets with kids, going through lots of Tootsie Pops for the kids, wings at Fido's, coconut icecream, Carumba's (twice), the Lion's Club BBQ, Hol Chan and Shark Ray with Gavino from Carlos Tours, snorkeling with ray's right infront of our condo....

The list goes on! It was all good. We did make one day trip to Caulker. Loved the atmosphere and the slower pace there. Got a not-quick meal at Rasta Pasta and met the owner. Walked down to the split and swam in the current. More rum punch from the cooler.

While picking up a couple of case of Belekin at the distributer in San Pedro, I was talking to a family from the midwest who were doing the same. I was asked by the woman where I was from, and I told her near Lake Placid, NY. She then asked..."are you Adirondack from the forum"?

Hehehe....this message board made all the difference not only to me, but obviously to many others (including the lurkers).

My thanks to you all.

#100357 04/05/05 09:27 PM
Thanks Adirondack glad you got to do all the things most of us love on Ambergris.

You walked in our footprints.

This forum is great.

Dare To Deviate
#100358 04/06/05 08:07 AM
here you go anther post ,on livng the dream ... glad you got to experience sanpedro the right way ,,enjoy ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#100359 04/06/05 08:23 AM
When I first saw you on the board I said to myself "self, this person is just a little north of you and wait till he/she sees the beauty of Belize"

Self was right;)
Thanks for sharing some of your adventures with us.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 337 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.