Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
My fiance and I are planning our first trip to Belize and we need some help. First we are not sure when to go; our options are March,April, and May. We are only going to be able spend about 7 days after flights. We figure we better try to target one area that gives us most of what we are looking for. Our interests are Fly fishing, snorkeling, exploring the rain forest and hopefully visiting an archeological site. We are not really worried about luxury accomodations more the exploring of a new region and meeting new people. As far as fishing I think we would be more at home on the flats. Can annyone get us started in the right direction?

C
C
I've stayed in so many different resorts in San Pedro that it is really hard to pick...but The Palms is close in to town...and BC's bar...as is Ramon's.....I like Banana Beach but you're a good walk from town...Exotic Caye is fair priced and of course is home to Crazy Canuck's beach bar...........so as not to offend any of the other borders.understand these are my personal preferences and do not the represent the overall opinion of the voting stock of the board members!
Fair advise is to look at the map of San Pedro...pick a good looking resort that appeals to you..that is in easy walking distance to town.you can't help but have a good time! As far as touring and fishing goes............your resort can set all of that up for you in advance if you request. Good luck

I'd say take a look at the map of Belize. There is so much more than SP. Caucker-Placencia-Cayo Distict- You have the luxury of time so explore the board before deciding-ENJOY

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
C
C
I have heard April is the month to go, best weather not to hot, not to cold. just my advice good luck!

S
S
Merry Christmas fish bum. Have fun on your first trip. To do most of the things you want, go to AC. You can fly fish, do a day trip to the ruins, Lamani, do a different snorkle trip every day and never run out of people to meet. You could stay in the Cayo district for three days, do the rain forest and ruins and then fly to AC for the remainder of your time to snorkle and fish. Both ways, its doable!

K
K
Fishbum: Take alook at the Placencia website for fishing opportunities in the south. Generally more permit in southern Belize, more tarpon around AC. Also take alook at www.belizeflatsfishing.com. They have opportunities all over the country, and a brouchure that'll make any flyrodder drool. Later spring fishing seems to produce larger fish, esp. tarpon, but numbers are great any of those months. If you decide on AC, repost and I'll offer at least my take on places to stay and guides for flyfolks.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
S
S
An excellent resource for when the fish are around: http://www.elpescador.com/calendar.html

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.