Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I am arriving SP March 1st and my condo will not be available until March 8th (the original arrival date of my trip). I don't want to stay at a place that costs more than what I make when someone stays in my condo so am looking for reasonably priced accomodations.

Amenities needed are minimal but I do have to live there for a week and would like a secure location with a refrigerator and microwave at least.

Any advice? I have looked at the web sites for many of the condotels in the area and have a fair understanding of where and what they are. The rate of about $115 seems okay and a lot of them have that rate for a basic unit.

I have narrowed it down to Banana Beach, Mata Rocks, Carribean Villas, Royal Carribean and Corona Del Mar. The rest are too far North or South or out of my price range. (or full, such as my own place)

What I'd like is some "inside info" on pros and cons of these properties especially security, closeness to eating establishments, management, cleanliness, etc.

Also, is there anywhere I can rent a bicycle for a week and keep it with me?

Thanks for any help...

Wendy

C
C
Not to be a jerk...but Corona del Mar has been going downhill for awhile........take it off your list......my last stay there was not ever close to what you would expect from say Banana Beach.

J
J
I too favor Banana beach. for the price and the amenities and the size of the units you can't go wrong...john in denver

C
C
"PS We really liked the chinese take out across the street. Timmys if I remember right. There were a couple of times when we just wanted to grab something guick and good to eat in the room."

i can remember seeing alot of cats around that place but since they opened i haven't seen any.....strange

O
O
Banana Beach:

24 hour security

on-site restaurant-El Divino

excellent staff

free breakfast

very clean

fresh beach towel-daily

Pretty much has what you need as basics, plus more.

Jackie

OP Offline
Thanks all for the suggestions,

I just booked a room at Mata Rocks (smaller, has bikes I can use) Both BB and Mata Rocks fit the bill and I debated for a day.

27 days and counting!

wc, I'll be at Mata Rocks in 36 hours. We'll let you know how we liked it when we return

OP Offline
Thank you Marge...

I will appreciate you advice

W

L
L
I just wanted to let everyone know that I just got back from the Corona Del Mar Hotel and IT WAS AMAZING! The staff was the best part of the trip. I enjoyed paying horseshoe with Frank on the beach. All my tours were organized by the Front Desk with only the very best tour operator on the island.

The rooms are really nice and clean and I had a great view of the beach. At a very good rate too!

Two plus that I would like to add is that they had a very good continental breakfast right on the beach (boil eggs, cereal, orange, pineapple, papaya, watermelon, wheat bread, peanut butter, jam, coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice and milk) They also offer free rum punch or fruit punch from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm which I thought was JUST MARVELLOUS! Very tasty! I had to get the recipe from the girls.

I highly recommend the Corona Del Mar Hotel. It is like staying at your own home. Corona Del Mar, you will be seeing me soon!

Woody passed away. I'm sure tht shook things up a bit. give em a break here.... they have been wonderful for years and will continue to be.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.