Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Howdy.

Will be there in 2-3 weeks depending on our wandering travel plans. I have a question about lodging on AC.

I did search archive, I searched the "lodging" catagory on the website too (excellent info!). I have searched google, cheaptix, orbitz etc.

I have found lodging (for 2 people) under $50. And over $100. Can't seem to find much inbetween.

I have seen several posts where folks say "it is around $100 night" however I go to the websites and they start at 115 (and up) plus taxes.

Any recommendations for something middle of the road? No AC needed (or do you think we should?), no kitchen needed. Plain jane folks, won't be spending too much time in room. Should we just go off the recommendations from www.toucantrail.com and pick something like Rudys?

Last question for now....Why do some hotel websites say 9% govt tax. Others say 12% tax (7% govt and 5% service). Is there really a 5% tax or is that just a service charge that the hotels are charging for convenience?

Thanks so much! Been reading the board for about 3 months and really enjoyed the info posted. Been trying to keep my "new to the island" questions to a minimum.

Seashell by the seashore, picking up seashells
I heard that Lily's Hotel is nice. Two girls that I met stayed their and liked it very much. Their web site says their rooms are $65-$75US.

A service charge is charged by some hotels just to make sure their staff are properly tipped. Other hotels do not charge the service charge but recommed
a tipping amount.

Holiday Hotel is in that price range, just under $100. We've stayed there twice, great place in the middle of town with a nice bar and restaurant.

Here's their site: http://www.sanpedroholiday.com/

We always stayed at Hotel del Rio until we bought a house there. It is away from the crowds, on the beach, and very laid back. I used to kayak from there back to the lagoons or to the reef for snorkeling. Nice to see another Oregonion visiting San Pedro.

Lily's is great if you want to save a little dough, for about $60us. you get a beach front room with a wonderful view. Located just about the center of town, rooms have A.C. & a small fridge. If you are diving Amigos Del Mar is right in front of it.
Stayed there many times by myself.

They recently changed the hotel tax from 7% to 9% and it will be changing again in July

L
L
For the people who have friends traveling with them, can I suggest Caye Management, to select a whole house for rent for $1000.00 a week split 3 ways seems pretty cheap for a great place to stay.

L
L
To Find deals like the $1000-2000 Weekly rentals, please go to the lodging info on this site and click under long term rentals, you will find options other than hotels..houses with maid services and cooks with wine...Caye Management.. I don't work for them either..They have only charged the standard tax of 9%. They don't add on a service fee which adds up after a few days.

L
L
Rimrattle,
Do you own a home that you live in near HOTEL DEL RIO or do you just visit?

Has anyone stayed at the Palms

J D Tremblay
Southern Illinois University Press
Phone 618-453-6634
Fax 618-453-3787
[email protected]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.