Print Thread
F
finigan Offline OP
OP Offline
F
CAYE CAULKER Belize
The other Caribbean.

BABES
A scuba and suntan haven by day, dinky Caye Caulker has Belize's best beach scene. But even the world's ultimate slacker isle-there's a reason the phones almost never ring here-gets up and throws down after midnight. Bronzed tourist girls and bootylicious locals (an African-Maya-Creole-pirate mix) take off even more clothing at the island's only decent nightclub (just ask for "the disco"), among the coastal Caribbean's most reliable pickup spots.

BARS
On Caye Caulker, not having an open Belikin beer in hand after 9 A.M. is just rude. Later, hit I&I Bar, a lazy tree house with hammocks and the kind of kick-back atmosphere you and your buds crave whenever Peter Tosh comes on the stereo.

BANZAI!
Deep in the nearby Guatemalan jungle, the Mayan ruins of Tikal are tucked away more secretly than your ex's phone number. Hop a 45-minute flight from Caye Caulker to Tikal base camp, Flores, and it'll be you and 2,600-year-old pyramids, temples, and howler monkeys. Tropic Air flights leave daily (800-422-3435). Bunk at the Jungle Lodge (call Belize Explorer Travel, 011-501-824-3740) to catch sunrise before the "They filmed Survivor here" day-trippers move in.

I saw that this morning. Comparing CC with Miami Beach, I don't think so. It's nice and quiet by my standards, but maybe we missed something?? It's fine for a day trip, but I much prefer the night life on AC !!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.