Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Hi all! My husband and I will be honeymooning on AC starting this week (can't wait!) We've gotten a great deal of info from the usual "suspects," (Frommers, Fodors, TripAdvisor, etc), but I wanted to post here to get more insider info! Couple of questions:
1) Food/restaurant recommendations? We've heard that Casa Picasso, Elvi's, and Mango's are excellent, but what else is good? We're all foodies, so price doesn't matter, cheap or super-expensive, so long as it's yummy!
2) Is it true that BC's is no longer having a BBQ on Sundays!?!?!??!! Argh -- we were todl this was a must-do! HELP!
3) Activities/excursions -- we're planning on Lamanai, and maybe we'll snorkel (I'm a big wimp, especially when it comes to sharks). We were thinking of cave tubing, but when we heard about the robberies/rape out by Caracol and the subsequent US Embassy travel alert, we figured that may not be such a great idea. Thoughts?
4) Are the mosquitos and/or sand flies really that awful? We've packed about 3000 bottles of Deep Woods OFF, but somehow DEET just doesn't match up with my idea of a sexy honeymoon....
Thanks in advance for any/all advice!

Hi Toughbunny. I can't give any advice because my husband and I will be making our first trip to AC this week also! We plan on doing Lamanai and lots of snorkeling, but all the advice I've been given seems to say we should just see how it goes and not make reservations and firm plans in advance. As long as we don't have too many thunder storms, we should all be ok! Congrats on the honeymoon, by the way!

Breakfast, George's Kitchen or Lily's. Cheviche Coconuts. Pizza Pepperoni's or Pedro's. Ali Babab's for whole chicken. Blue Water Grill for Shrimp.Tackle Box And Banana Beach for sandwighes.

OP Offline
Thanks! Hopefully we'll run into you at Fido's or elsewhere for a drink!

Hi toughbunnyxx,
This is a nice post that might help you:

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/011788.html

You are in for the time of your life!

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
Kra-Z-K, are you & ScubaLady on the same Island??? confused

nope.

hahahahahaa

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
touche!

Originally posted by klcman:
hahahahahaa
hahahahaha hahahaha yeah!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.