Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#235670 04/17/07 05:04 PM
M
OP Offline
M
We (yes, the wife, too,) will be arriving on the island on May 19th. Have read so many helpful things on this site. Wondered about things to bring for the children. Candy or school and art supplies? Or both ? Staying at Captain Morgan's and wondring what that will be like. Also, the best hang-out.

" You risk tears if you let yourself be tamed."
Hey Man! (LOL) Wouldn't suggest candy for the kids - toothbrushes would be more in order. You can contact Tacogirl, from this message board, to give you a more up to date list of what the kids need.

Captain Morgan's is nice, a little north of San Pedro. While in town check out BC's (especially Sundays), Crazy Canucks, Cannibuls, Fido's (music/dancing every night), and the Tackle Box, just to name a few. Everyone has their faves and will give suggestions. Soon you and your wife will have your faves too!

Have an awesome trip!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Nova #235700 04/18/07 08:05 AM
Hello!
We get there the day before you. My wife and I will be there for 10 days. Staying not far from you.

I'm interested in your post as I have lots of school supplies I bought to bring to donate.

Good show DJ Dale. Holy Cross is hoping to have up to 350 students in the fall (around 160 now). They will be so thankful for any supplies that you can donate. Send a PM to Tacogirl and she can meet with you and give you details of how to get the stuff to the kids. She took us to the school in Feb. and we were able to meet the children - an awesome memory we will keep with us forever!

Nova #235702 04/18/07 08:17 AM
I have already spoke with Tacogirl about something else. I will address this with her.

I travel to a lot of the islands in the Caribbean and always try to bring things to help the kids. Every little bit helps.

How tough is customs in Belize? Need to figure how to pack....

We had no problem. Had a full suitcase of supplies - told them it was for Holy Cross School and they waived us thru - about 40+ pounds. No worries.

Nova #235706 04/18/07 08:31 AM
Excellent. I prefer to pack it all in one bag under the weght limits.

I appreciate your advice!

First time visitors! 29 days and counting!!!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.