Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
I quite often get asked whether we have any here, and I generally say that other than Cayo Espanto (well beyond most people's reach) I don't know of any.

I've just been asked again. Can anyone tell me of any such resorts? I believe they mean it's a fixed price regardless of what activities you engage in, and how much you indulge yourself in food & drink, but if there are any "qualified" all-inclusives it would be useful to know that as well.

C
C
I am pretty sure that Victoria House does a package where you can have meals included..not sure about drinks though.

I believe that it's not a traditional "all-inclusive" where you eat bad food and drink watered down drinks all day...yuk...I think they give you choice of items on their menu for the "inclusive" part, which is incredible food.

no, that's like a MAP, as you say. lodges inland do the same cuz food & drink not as easily accessible. i googled and saw coco plum island, kanatik, & hamanasi do - but not so near AC.

i would think all-inclusives on AC (excluding far north AC), while possibly bringing more package tourists there, wont necessarily bring more income to SP or Bz in general. why leave the grounds to eat, drink, shop or tour in town if you already paid for everything on-site?

when people ask me that question, i explain i think they'd be missing out on the fun of finding the many good places in there to eat & imbibe. some places need them, if food & fun is sparse int he surrounding area, but that does not apply to SP. JMO, as always.

The only true all inclusives with EVERYTHING included are Kanantik on the S shore of the mainland between Hopkins & Placencia, and Mopan River Resort in Cayo (Benque). Even Cayo Espanto at their prices does not include everything (like tours).
They tend to get popular as crime increases so people don't have to leave the "compound." Hmmm....coming soon to Belize?? Let's hope not - they really kill the local towns & villages and set up a big "tourists vs locals" animosity.

P
OP Offline
P
Thatch Caye includes all food, all non-alcoholic drinks (alcohol is available at sensible prices but not in the deal - that would be too open-ended), diving, snorkelling, fishing, kayaking etc, all in the room rate. They provide free transfers to/from the mainland, not just at the start/end of a stay but also for day trips such as ruin or jungle visits. They don't include the cost of activities provided by someone else, even if they get you there free. That's what I'm thinking of when I say "all inclusive" - not quite "all" but not far off.

I agree that on AC a fully inclusive resort wouldn't be especially good news, except that of course they'd still have to buy food & drink for their guests, and they'd either need to buy the services of local tour operator firms or employ their own guides from the local pool. So not all bad news for the local economy.

I wouldn't want to stay in an all-inclusive in Belize or any other country I've visited, as a key part of visiting is to meet local people and experience local food & customs. But there are people who like them.

So no-one knows of anything like this on AC?

Peter, you may have missed this thread:
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/294304/1.html

More info.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Try Pedro's

Originally Posted by Pedro1
Try Pedro's
...or the San Pedro jail.

Gone fishing!!
Does anyone on this forum follow the threads? It is ok with me... just wondering these subjects seem to have a life of their own.
did not know there was any "All inclusive resorts on Ambergris Caye".
Mary

mary
Originally Posted by Pedro1
Try Pedro's

He does have an olympical pool! grin

Last edited by carbunketrumpet; 10/17/08 04:59 PM. Reason: can't spell

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.