Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#323681 02/13/09 12:50 PM
I
OP Offline
I
I have heard more than rumblings about poor Property Management on the Caye. Is the island to small for a Better Business Bureau type site?

Originally Posted by islandgrandma
I have heard more than rumblings about poor Property Management on the Caye. Is the island to small for a Better Business Bureau type site?

Don't need one. If somebody is doing a poor job they won't be able to stay in business for long.

S
S
Absentee owners who don't ask for feedback from renters or fail to question their paperwork /trumped up charges also help some companies stay in business.

Which is why sensible people ask for referrals and use the services of companies that have good reputations.

There are always scammers, dead beats and dishonest or inefficient companies around - but they really don't last long.

S
S
And some last a long time ?lack of competition perhaps

P
P
There are some completely honest and open ones here and some bad ones, much as you'd find anywhere. And the odd totally dishonest one. Ask for advice from established people here for who to go with.

I
OP Offline
I
Some do last a long time. I am not an absentee owner and when I did my homework I found that people were hesitant to say anything negative. Small Island and all. That is why I thought BBB might work. A place people could go to without any retrbution against them. I am a believer in professional ethics whether I wear a suit or shorts. Thank you everyone for the comments.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 359 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.