Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#336950 05/13/09 10:01 AM
P
OP Offline
P
I am wondering who will be coming down in the next few weeks. We have been bringing in series books for tweens and the response is amazing. That particular age group is borrowing at rates we have never seen. We have waiting lists for Twilight, Percy Jackson, and Pendragon.
There is another paperback series that they are asking for and I am hoping that someone can bring it down for us. We can send it to you via Amazon, reimburse you when you get here, or be thrilled to receive a donation.
Please let me know.
Thanks

My daughter who has NEVER been a reader is reading a series that includes a book called the Lightning Thief - is that the one with Percy Jackson?

She is flying through the series the same way my eldest flew through the Harry Potter books.

P
OP Offline
P
I believe so. The next series that we are looking for is Septimus Heap which is a 4 book series.
Percy Jackson and the Olympians!!!!!!!
It is so much fun to have that age group at the Library. They are so gleefully reading.

I will be down May 28th
Pam I will send you my address I have room for a few books to bring. Also, I will see if any of the kids around here will donate the books you named they have read. I know most of the kids around here have read them or they are reading them now.
Mary Mooney

mary
Pam: I was going to PM you but you are over your limit. Maybe you have already such great success getting your wish list addressed smile Any way, if you would like me to bring something down I will be there for lobsterfest and would be more than happy to help out. PM me if you want - I am never over my limit cry hehe

Great to hear of the success the town library is experiencing! smile

It's great to be .....

P
OP Offline
P
That is weird because my box in pm's is empty. I have old ones. I guess i should empty it but email me at [email protected]. I will amazon the books to you when I get your address. Thanks so much for your support. We are very excited to be reaching the age group that we are and want to continue. Soon we will be creating a media center and showing movies. That is due to the new established Paul Hooker Foundation. The technology is on its way and we will be showing movies and developing an incredible computer capacity open to all the people of San Pedro. But for now we want the Septimus Heap series for the tweens. There is something about that age group that is so important to grab and get reading. I BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF BOOKS

from the Chamber of Commerce....

Marilyn Marx representing the Library reported that all the monies donated for the mural are collected, and that the mural would be started immediately.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.