Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#362146 12/20/09 12:16 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Myself and several of my friends are coming to AC durring the last week in March. We are coming down to have a good time, as well as look for some real estate to eventually retire on. This will be our first trip to Belize so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Some things we need help with include; where to stay, what to do or rent, where to eat, what to expect, real estate advice, etc. We are also looking forward to establishing new friendships with some locals who would be willing to help us out. We would love to meet up with some of you and buy you dinner while we talk about AC. I am looking forward to hearing from all of you. Thanks

You'll get better answers as to where to stay, if you tell the board what your expectations are from the accommodation. How many in your group, how many sharing, do you want kitchenettes, do you want to be right in town near the action or would you prefer the beauty up north and more solitude, how long are you staying?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for response Seashell, as for accomodations we were considering Belizean Shores. We are a bit leary of the distance the hotel is from town. What kind of transportation or retals are available. I read somewhere that the golf cart rental companies would not rent to you if you were staying north because of the road conditions.

As far as the group- one room with three men, and one room with a married couple. Should we have a kitchenette? Should we be closer to town? We are just looking for some input, pro and cons, etc. Your personal opinions are gladly accepted. We will be staying for five nights...I look forward to hearing more.

Belizean Shores is a good place. However, considering the make-up of your group, I think you'd all be happier in or much closer to town. More independence for the individuals that way.

As for the way you intend the rooms to be shared, there are a number of places that could make those combinations.

It is my personal preference to have a kitchenette because I like to be able to fix my own brekkie, get snacks, etc.

No matter where you choose, be sure to get a beachfront seaview room(s).

Only 5 nights? That's a shame. smile

seashell, there is beauty and solitude south as well with the additional bonus of being able to cart to town instead of having to take a boat to town or fool with the toll bridge.

In response to ca., your request remains too vague for specific recomendations. There are many great places to stay on AC; hotels, condos and homes for rent all with dramatic price / service / accomodation differences. If you could be more specific about the budget level you desire I think you will receive better recs targeted to your needs / desires.

We own property down south so I freely admit my bias to town and south of town. I do agee that there are also great places north of the bridge but the hassel factor of staying / owning north of the bridge plays a major role for us.

Few people will argue the fact that Victoria House is one of the nicest places to stay on the island. It's pricey and not what we consider walking distance into what we call "town". We have stayed there twice and liked it very much.

Just south of Victoria House is the more budget minded Royal Caribbean Resort with individual cottages.

Another favorite of ours is Ramon's Village. It is impossible to beat the location of Ramon's in my opinion, you can walk with luggage in tow to it from the airport and walk to "town". Of coarse one doesn't need to walk as the staff will come pick you / luggage up. Ramon's is less pricey than Victoria House but is still in what I call "pricey" range for AC.

Just next door to Ramon's is The Palms condos which to me is one of the best values on the island. None of the "frills" that come with Victoria or Ramon's (rest, dock, bar, dive shop) but an easy walk to all AC has to offer.

Sun Breeze Hotel is just up the beach, straight across from the Tropic Air terminal and is also nice with the Blue Water Grill attached, a highly recomended rest/bar.

We don't prefer the true "budget" accomodations so I have no specific recomendations for the "budget" level places but there are many to choose from on AC as well.

These are but a VERY few of the numerous great places to stay on AC. We have personally stayed in each placed (some #'s times) named and would gladly give any of them our repeat business.

For first timers I highly recomend staying in "town" or not much further south than Royal Caribbean.

Here's a usefull link for first timers;
//ambergriscaye.com/

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
P
P
Have a look at the Lodging Pages on this web site and you will see many of the options open to you. I say this so you don't overlook the Homes and Villas section (especially now it tucked away at the bottom - nudge nudge Marty) as this option might suit your group perfectly and often with larger groups they can cost less per person per night, with more to offer ie Kitchen Living Room, Dining Room etc

Disclaimer I do own and operate one of the options there before people get on their high horse.

Belize-n-us, I agree with your first statement and that is why I said "happier in or much closer to town". It was not my intention to exclude south.

I agree with your recommendation of the Palms, but again, as we've all said, to give more specific recommendations, we need to know from the OP, more of what they are expecting and/or looking for.

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks to all that have responded, as for our budget we are looking to spend about $200/night per room. Aside from that, we don't really have any expectations other than having fun. We would like to chech out the nightlife and find the best places to eat. Possibly go fishing or snorkeling or whatever. You guys tell me what I should do at the end of March.

One of the most important things I need help with is getting hooked up with somebody who can help us out with looking at real estate. We are looking for somebody trustworthy and knows the caye and it's residents well. The type of person who can find the stuff that is not listed on the web or on a flyer in a window. We are down to earth, layed back people who are looking for the same type of person to show us properties. I know you guys have one...every town has one.

Much thanks to you all for taking the time to help me out. Again, I would love to meet up with some of you when we are there and at least buy you a drink for your troubles.

For that budget, you could probably get an oceanview suite for the couple and put each of the guys into their own single rooms at Banana Beach. For my personal taste, Banana Beach is too far from town, but many people love to stay there. It also has two pools and is right next to the best beach in the area and some would say in San Pedro Town.

If you don't want to do that, and also want to be closer to action and restaurants in town, then take a look at Blue Tang. 3rd floor ocean front with king for the couple and room #11 or #12 for the 3 men. And you aren't restricted to that combo there either.

The Palms has already been recommended,is in town and right next to the other best beach in the area.

Anyway, your budget should help your gang be quite comfortable where ever you choose.

I can't help you pick out the person to help you with your real estate requirements, though I'm sure you will get some pointers there soon . . . maybe some private messages too.

It's no trouble but thanks for the offer of a drink. Unfortunately, I won't be in San Pedro at that time, at least as far as I know today. In that regard, anything could happen.

You were also given some good advice earlier about checking the lodging page on this site, as well, your group could be quite happy in a house or a place like Casa Coracal or even Caye Casa.

E
E
Check out Sunrise reality, Amamda Syme.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.