Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The champions, Belizean Shores.

The vets placed second

Belizean Shores are the 2010 champions of The San Pedro Belize Express Water Taxi 11-a-side tournament after the final matches were held over the weekend. Belizean Shores dominated the league and on their last matchup on the green field, the Veterans were unable to triumph and settled with the second placement. Third place was taken by the Bla Blazos while fourth was won by the gang representing Captain Morgan's.

The league also produced other winners during the tournament: Angel Cantun of Belizean Shores was named Most Valuable Player, Douglas Penland of Belizean Shores won Best Goal Keeper while Most Goals was taken by Meloin (Mel Mel) Jones of Captain Morgan's.

Congratulations to the winners.

(Councilor Pablo Ico headed the Sports Portfolio and as such thanks all sponsors and those who supported the tournament. Kindly read Councilor Ico's Letter to the Editor.) Dear San Pedro,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank all teams who took part in the 2010 San Pedro Belize Express Water Taxi 11-A-Side Tournament. I would also like to thank all the team sponsors who made this even a success as well as the San Pedro Belize Express for sponsoring the trophies. A big thanks also to the San Pedro Town Council for partially financing this event, to two of my officials Roque Cortez and Ismael Umana for assisting and keeping this tournament in control from start to end. I also want to thank Mr. Fulgencio Hoare and Mr. Efrain Guerrero for making this tournament a success. Last but not least, Minister Manuel Heredia Jr. for donating the 22 individual trophies to the champs. Also to Antojitos San Telmo for donating $200 cash towards the third place prize. Other cash prizes were provided with the money earned with the entrance fees.

Lastly I would like to thank everyone in general who in different ways assisted through the four years I did under the Sports portfolio and I hope everyone was pleased for the job I did throughout and I know that you cannot keep everyone happy. There will always be someone with negative thoughts but most important deep inside I know I did my best and went even beyond to conduct all my activities.

Thank you.

/s/ Councilor Pablo Ico

San Pedro Sun

S
S
Do they have any women that play?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.