Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#369038 02/28/10 09:52 AM
G
Glorias Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I'm not sure but doesn't Coral Cable have a monopoly? If so they sure have a lot of customers but many of the channels go off and stay off during the nights or weekends. Many channels have been off this weekend including CNN and others many people watch. How can they get away with this? Is there no businessman willing to step up and do better?

JZB Offline
I actually find CCV one of the easier and more friendly companies to work with when there is a problem. Just be thankful you get more channels than just the local channels, period.

And the fact that you only pay $20 US a month for it the equivelent payment for the channels you get is a helluva lot more than that if you were paying Dish Network or the equivelent.

These channels are brought in from satellites that often orbit out of range for Belize-based dishes. When that happens, certain networks are gone. CNN is frequently unavailable unfortunately.
All of these signals are being pirated. The US companies keep nudging the satellites into more northerly orbits and that leaves everybody without a signal - including Coral Cable.

that's actually very interesting - obvious, yet i never thought about it. you really do learn something new every day. thanks, diane.

P
P
Life is good if missing CNN is your biggest worry when on your holiday!!!!

Phil you are so right .I am spoiled . But my internet in the states my phone ,my cable is $160 us a monthfor all three .plus my long distance calls to belize can bring it up to $300 us a month $600 belize .i am happy that a pay almost nothing in belize for cable any channels is good ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
C
C
Here is some info from southern Belize. We have a dish picking up StarChoice (West coast Canada feed). This satellite has not moved position in the 3 years we have had it. We get CNN, History and a bunch more channels including BBC World which gives us proper world news.
OK, its US$80 a month but IMHO worth it. We also get Setanta which we pay extra for-which gives us world football (you know the REAL football LOL)
We used to have DirectTV, butDiane is right about that satellite moving its footprint seemingly evey few weeks. We do however get our internet from the same satellite, and that service has always been fine.
So my conclusion? Star Choice for TV, Hughes satellite for internet

I have Star Choice on Ambergris and in the 10 or so months we have had it there has been no problem with reception. Seemingly 800 channels of ice hockey is another subject altogether.

Captain One Iron
P
P
We pay US$20 a month. We have around 100 Channels. We also get lots of real football. Setanta, Fox Soccer Channel (English and Spanish with different schedules), Gol(English and Spanish with different schedules) and 2 x ESPN. Blue Square Premier League coverage would be a nice add on for the mighty Hatters but hey. We have six premium film channels, HBO, Showtime, The Move Channel etc we have a PPV Channel with all the top Boxing and UFC. That leaves around 90 Channels I don't watch but the rest of the Caye probably do. It is a very good service at a very good price. BBC World Service would be nice, we lost that a few years back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.