Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
Whats the condition of the road 5 miles north?

Are the Taxi's still making a go of it?

DC

Taxis go to Las Terazzas, not farther. The road is in decent condition.
At 5 miles north (Mata Grande area, past where the taxi's go) the road is quite good so if you are up this way you may wish to use a golf cart?

Diane, I do the road twice a day on my motorcycle and the strip North of Mata Chica is horrible, check it out someone has dumped large rocks on it to fill but the rocks where too large and did more damage than good. I would be surprised at a golf cart getting through there I can barely make it on my mountain bike.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
OK - will check it out.

And for all those helpful folks who think big blocks of stuff are good fill for roads - please think again. As Elbert points out, it does not work.

For the average pothole or routine road maintenance seagrass is really useful - it really is mostly sand and it's free.

Pot holes are like enlarged pores on your face --- they go deep. You can fill them all you want with loose stuff but unless it is hardcore and compacted the same hole will open up time and time again, It's kinda like the holes in your yard maintained by the land crabs - you fill them up today and they dig them out tonight.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Diane Campbell
Taxis go to Las Terazzas, not farther. The road is in decent condition.
At 5 miles north (Mata Grande area, past where the taxi's go) the road is quite good so if you are up this way you may wish to use a golf cart?

Thank you Diane. We just ride our bikes.
We were last there late May, so was curious what the rainy season had done to the road. I really wish the taxi's would leave permanently.

DC

About three days ago, I drove a gas cart as far north as just beyond Canary Cove, which is about a mile north of Mata Chica and Azul and near Costa Maya. The road/golf cart path was in by far the best condition I've ever seen it. Absolutely no problems anywhere, except a few bumpy and rocky spots near Mata Chica. Of course, it hadn't rained much then.

After the rain on Friday night, I drove back to town from Grand Caribe and that section was still in excellent condition. Don't know how the path was north of there.

--Lan Sluder

S
S
Unfortunately, the Taxi's are still driving North of the Bridge....

C
C
The road north today is good for golf carts for at least 9 miles. Rough enough to keep the driver awake but no flooded areas or big rocks.

Just wait until it rains daily. LOL

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.