Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#423601 11/29/11 09:37 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Is there anything available on the island similar to an ADT actively monitored home/biz alarm company?

Last edited by JoeCirig; 11/29/11 11:00 AM.
S
S
if/when it went off, who would show up???

F
FyreDragn
FyreDragn
F
Currently there is no managed and monitored alarm system services.

M
M
I agree - there is no one to respond in a predictably timely manner. I have installed a security system that calls a sequential list of phone numbers when an alarm is triggered. The system tells you what caused the alarm - and it continues to call the list of programmed numbers until someone acknowledges the alarm. Of course I could program the system to call the police, however I have not done that,due to lack of confidence in a timely response. Outdoor lighting plus a yard dog are very good things as well.

JZB Offline
You can get motion detectors for your home that trigger an exterior alarm that is loud enough to wake every neighbor within a couple mile radius and hopefully scare away the burglar! People would be running to your home just to shut the thing off. wink

J
OP Offline
J
Thank you for the replies.
I have a cctv system ready for installation that will trigger an email to a set distribution list with a .jpg photograph attached which shows the scene at the moment the alarm was triggered. It's backed up to a remote hard drive that can be hidden and secured.

If the alarm is triggered, I can deploy a counterinsurgent strike immediately. My strike team is comprised of me - armed with a flare gun, wasp spray, noise makers, a rock if I can find one, threatening words and an unfortunately high-pitched scream if the situation escalates. I'm trained and not afraid to use any of the above.

G
G
'Tis better to deter than it is to detect and then embarrass yourself screaming like a little girl.

heysus!

Reality..What a concept!
J
OP Offline
J
Great tip. Probably saved me from sure embarrassment. I will begin deterring immediately.

F
F
[Deleted]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 288 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.