Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
OP Offline
G
I regretfully have to announce the passing of a well known figure here on Ambergris Caye, the Reverend David Simpson.

David was a familiar figure to many on the island, in his long flowing robe, as he prepared to officiate at many a beach front wedding. Many of the larger resorts here called on him regularly to be a large part of the happiest days of some of their guests lives, where he conducted a great number of weddings or renewal of marriage vows.

David had been in ill health recently, and recently relocated to Belmopan where he was offered a place to stay with friends. On the evening of Thursday, the 28th, his health deteriorated to the point that he had to be hospitalized. David passed away that evening in the hospital.

David expressed a wish to be cremated and have his ashes spread over the beautiful Caribbean Sea, which is such a large part of both his home and his place of work. We are hoping to soon announce the date, time and place, and hope that many of his friends will be able to attend a simple memorial and the scattering of his ashes. At this time, we are trying to arrange his cremation, and will then bring his ashes over to the Caye. Unfortunately, due to his long spell of ill health, the family funds have been seriously depleted, so we are asking any and all members of the community that may want to assist financially at this time. The costs to be incurred are about Bze$3,000, we are hoping his freinds will be able to assist in making his parting wish a reality.

Donations can be pledged here on this site, or from Monday, cash or cheque donations can be taken to Grant, in the Pelican Properties office next to the Belize Bank. All funds will be accounted for, with the accounts to be published, along with a thank-you, in the local papers and on this site.

Our heartfelt condolences and best wishes go to his widow, Anneli, we hope she has the strength to come through this most testing of times.

L
L
David and Annelie has done a lot of good work for the community, I sincerely hope that the community now can come toghether to help her to fullfill his last request!

There are no words that can start to describe what she has to go through at this time and moment, but I do hope that we all can help at least with the practical and worldly parts of her distress and sorrow at this moment.

Live life in a manner that you can tell your old grandmother every detail about it!
C
C
This is sad news. David was one of the nicest people on the Island. He always had a smile, and kind words, and he will be so missed.
Anneli, I'll be thinking about you and praying for you during this difficult time.
Godspeed David.

Please forgive my ignorance but was this Rev. Dave - English accent, Swedish wife, happy smile with round cheeks, did most all of the weddings on the island?

oh, so sad....spent some time with him and his wife recently at PLaya Lounge. He was also a quite interesting (pretty darn good) palm reader and tarot card reader.

Very special guy....been to many of his weddings here...

sad..

please do update as to the memorial

C
C
Hightide,
Yes, that is the David. He did almost all of the weddings at a certain south end hotel for many years, and if I recall, he even did some underwater weddings.
Anneli was the perfect mate for him. She was always so pleasant, and never seemed to complain about anything.
And, I'm sure that most of you Islanders know that David was quite a writer too. He wrote several books that I have in my library right now.

Thanks for the info, what a loss for the island, and for all - he's was a great guy. The first time I met him we had a (very) livey & spirited discussion at BC's about whether Peter was the first pope or not. We didn't agree but I was impressed with his knowledge, his spirituality, his passion for his faith and beliefs and his great ability to articulte (and back up) his views.

Even though I didn't know him well, when chance would cause our paths to cross we talked and 'discussed' several times after that about many things, always left me with a smile and good feeling inside. And always made me think about things in a new way.

Makes me think, how many times does God bless us with a truly rich gift and we don't even see it at the time?

I will miss him. Hope he saves a place up there for us...

This is very sad news. The Reverend officiated my wedding in October of 2005 during Hurricane Wilma and he was absolutely terrific. I will say a prayer for his family and I'm sure he is enjoying his new life as much as his old.

T
T
Reverend David performed the wedding of some friends of mine at the Seven Seas Resort. His Lovely wife was also in attendance. He will be missed by all.

He married us four years ago this week. Sad news for sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.