Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Now you can upload images (pictures, photographs, photos) from your computer into the message board from the same dialog box you currently write posts in.

a new icon, fifth from the left, for insert image, is in the dialog box for creating posts. you click it to browse to the image on your machine, then select it and add file to the post. it then puts in the UBB code to insert the image and uploads it.

you can do more than one at a time.

Enjoy, PM me if needed�.

T
T
Great news. I never could figure out the old way.

M
M
Nice!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
You may have noticed a change to the Post Editor, with the new addition of an icon that looks like this: [Linked Image]

This is intentional and is there for a reason; namely, to allow you to more easily upload images directly into your post. In the past, you might have had to save to Photobucket or Tiny pic or the various other incarnations of picture sharing sites, then save a link from them and paste it between [IMG] tags into your post.

This method still works fine, but there were a lot of 'moving parts' involved.

The Image Uploader has been added to simplify things.

So, how to upload some images, you ask?

Here goes.

For purposes of this tutorial, I have grabbed 3 Pixar images from the web and saved them to a folder on my local PC.

[Linked Image]

They are all around 1400px wide on my HDD and well over 500KB in size. These are very nice images and my goal is to upload them all into this post.

To start things off, I click the new Icon and receive the following dialog box for the image uploader:

[Linked Image]

The instructions are displayed and essentially is all you need to read to upload your files. However, this tutorial will be more step by step, so as to walk through the process visually.

I tend to click on the [Hide Instructions] link, so as to never see them again for subsequent uploads. It just gets in the way and I don't need them anymore. Click it and see what happens. Click the [Show Instructions] and see what happens. Perty simple wink

Ok, now I want to upload my 3 images.

I will do the following procedure three times.

Choose File: [Linked Image]

I grab one of the 3 images, then click Add This File [Linked Image]

Repeating for all 3 images, shows thumbnails for each as so:

[Linked Image]

Finally, I click on [Save all Images] and voila.

The images are inserted into the post with [img] tags like so:

[Linked Image]

I can "Preview Post" to see them in all their full size ( note: we resize images to maximum of 800px in the post for you )

I can also add any comments between images that i'd like to describe them and the result is below:

[Linked Image]

Comment: hey this is image 1

[Linked Image]

Dude, this is image 2

[Linked Image]

Ohai.. Wall-e > Toy Story 3... :p

And that is it in a nutshell...

Happy uploading..

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 319 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.