Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Txmom Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Family vacation with 2 teenagers that are due hard fisherman. We found a house 5 miles south from San Pedro. The house does come with a boat and captain. I'll of course will be left. My question is how hard is it to get to town on a golf cart. Will we regret being so far south. I appreciate any advice. We have heard nothing but great things about A.C! Can't wait!

P
PDS Offline
P
A rental golf cart is a must.
You should rent while you are in the town. You should do your grocery shopping also (at least for one day).
While one of you were waiting the suitcases the other one (who has a driver licence) could rent one.
Due of distance to town you can go to Black Orchid for dinner when u want to go out.
5 mile South; we have no any commercial place.
Enjoy your trip!

A
A
The "road" is very rough with lots of big holes. It is pretty bad when it rains a lot. We started staying closer to town. Now that the road has been paved a ways north of the bridge, we will go back to staying up there. The beaches are more to my liking and there are less "beach sales people" to bother you. We have also ordered our groceries from Mada Grande on the internet when we stayed 8 miles north of town. They delivered them to our suite before we arrived. It was wonderful! Riding the bumpy golf cart is part of the AC experience! Have fun! smile

Most operators of snorkel trips, diving and fishing pick up at the dock of various hotels, condos and resorts, so most of the time it doesn't matter where you are but then some are just too remote for the expense of gas mileage.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
B
B
Rent a cart in town. We drove all the way south last week and the road was pretty good, rough in spots but for this island, not bad. Try the Lonestar restaurant. Enjoy your stay!

B
B
Sending you a PM

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.