Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23272 06/25/00 01:39 PM
S
OP Offline
S
As I said, we didn't stay at Banyan Bay, only used their facilities. But we met many who were staying on site and had nothing but good things to say. All praises. Clean spacious rooms, pleasant staff. They were doing some dredging to build up their beach when we were there, but are probably finished now. They make an effort to clear the sea grass daily, but this is Belize and it is done on Belize time.The pool underwent an overhaul while we were there and it is sparkling clean and very nice. If you do the beach barbeque, go early. We got there at about 7:00 and all the fish was gone. Ribs and chicken only.Kind of dissappointing.Spend some time swinging in their beachside hammocks for me!

#23273 06/25/00 06:51 PM
C
C
Hey thnx Snorkler. Sounds like they were sprucing the place up for my arrival!! hahaha. Where is the beach bar-b-que that you refer to? Oh and how did you find the Bun Man with the pizza? I'll certainly swing in a hammock on the beach and toast to you!

#23274 06/25/00 09:35 PM
S
OP Offline
S
The beach barbeque is every Tuesday night I believe. Theoretically you get your choice of chicken, ribs or fish.All accompanied by the every present rice and beans and cole slaw. I swear every restaurant on the island gets it from the same huge cole slaw factory.It's literally everywhere.
Don't recall the Bun Man's number, but there is a sign just before you get to Banyan Bay. Look for a Bamboo furniture store/hut and a plant nursery on the left, then shortly after is a little sign stuck in the ground also on the left.Although the Bun Man is technically not making cinnamon buns anymore(actually it's his wife and she's tired of making them)he did agree to make some for us if we would buy the whole pan.16 HUGE buns! Since there were 6 of us and we had a freezer, we sprang for it. At $2.00 per bun it's not cheap. But they are truly to die for and we ate them throughout our vacation, so it was well worth it.My husband was trying to get the courage up to ask them for the recipe but never did.He's a nice guy and lives very close to Banyan so your pizza will be hot.
Our condo had some of the string hammock chairs you'll see hanging from the dive shop at Banyan Bay and our daughter loved them.We found the best price for them to be at Kimara's gift shop on Barrier Reef Drive. It looks kind of junky but her prices are good.
Enjoy!

#23275 06/25/00 09:50 PM
C
C
Thanks much! I'll be sure to try and coerce the bun man (or his tired wife) into baking up a fresh batch. Sure do appreciate your info! I'll post a report when I get back!

#23276 06/25/00 09:55 PM
I bought a hammock too, catch wait to have it hung, so I can dream.

Dare To Deviate
#23277 06/26/00 09:21 AM
Crazygrl,
If you like pizza, the Ambergris Delight has WONDERFUL seafood pizza, and they deliver!!!!

#23278 07/15/00 10:21 PM
J
J
Hey there Snorkler, you never did say where the beach bbq is. I will be there in 1 week and want to partake in the festivities too!

#23279 07/16/00 03:27 PM
Several beach BBQ'S on different nights or afternoons. Wednesday night at Holiday Hotel and sunday afternoon at BC next to the Sunbreeze and Ramons. There are others, maybe Marty could give us a list.

Dare To Deviate

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.