Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34529 02/08/01 11:21 AM
C
cjd Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Just kidding. Sorry 'bout that but I needed a catchy subject heading to get people to follow the thread.

My real question is if anyone can comment on the kayaking/canoeing/exploring in the lagoons of AC. We'll be coming over for the first time in May and I'm trying to find out where I can rent a kayak and go exploring. We'll be staying at Ramon's so recommendations on the southern part of the island would be preferable. What about snorkeling on the west side of the caye? Any suggestions ??

Thanks folks!

I'd be happy to buy you a Round when I get down there. Anything to get away from the 2 feet of snow I'm looking at outside my window!!

B
B
Most resorts have free or cheap kayaks. You can paddle out to the reef and tie off and see quite good snorkling. Definetly worth it.

B
BC Offline
B
Eight of us in AC over Christmas and we rented kayaks from SeaDuced and kayaked the mangroves on the logoon side. Aside from a view signs of Keith, it was a great day and I would highly recommend it.

C
cjd Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks Big Frank and BC. Any interesting wildlife in the mangroves? What about places to tie up and snorkel?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
journeys end, on the north part of the island, used to run lagoon kayak tours right behind their resort. they might still. you can take the kayaks off the ocean side and they have a tie-up bouey you can snorkel from. see photos at:
//ambergriscaye.com/jane

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.