Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Kelkin Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Family of 4 (2 young teens)planning a trip to AC in late June. Trying to decide where to stay. A private beach house(Casa Azul) in the north area looks perfect and just our style but we are a little worried about the "remoteness". Would love to hear from anyone with an opinion about staying in the accessable by boat only area. Other places we are considering...Banana Beach, Seven Seas, Briannas Bch House, Caribe Island...How important is access to a pool?
We plan to do alot of diving and fishing and a couple of "tours"... Feedback appreciated

I think the beach house would be perfect for you and your wife and maybe an other couple, but if you have some young teens going with you, I would stay a little closer to town. The kids may get bored with "remote". We took our young teen boys last summer in June. They were 12 and 15 at the time. The perfect age to travel with. They were a lot of fun and a joy. (Didn't even fight [Linked Image] ) The Caye was so safe, we let them go along the beach to town and explore. There are bicycles to rent and many other things for them to do. They shopped for "treasures and souveniers", went for ice cream or hit the bakery, watched the wind surfers. They had a great time. Not to mention that kids their age were welcomed in the clubs and restaurants at night and they thouroughly enjoyed the music!! (We were with them at night) They made friends with some of the local kids, they swam off the dock with them, and someone was always waving to them when we rode our golfcart through town. I think the kids would enjoy the socializing.
Debbie

I agree with Debbie that if you have kids they likely would appreciate being close to town. My kids (now 17 and 11) enjoy Ambergris Caye as much or more than any place in Belize, and they've been most places, and what they like most is walking around town, hanging out, shopping, etc. They like the water, of course, but they like to take a break and socialize and see things in town.

I personally think a pool is pretty important when you are with kids. Depending on where you stay, the beach and shore swimming may or may not be too good, and even if it is good my kids overall prefer to do most of their swimming in a pool.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
M
M
Agree with Debbie and Lan.Look for something closer to town..it is a great atmosphere for anyone,including young adults. We stayed at Seven Seas last September, and for us (a couple) it was great,but would be cramped for a family,unless you had 2 rooms. Try Paradise Villas (where Debbie and family stayed),Banana Beach, or search on the "lodging" section of the board. I would say that a pool would be a positive for you, as well as a kitchen area- there are great restaurants close by where you can buy to-go items and heat them up later. Have a great time!

Mary and Scott

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.