Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Lauren Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hey, I was just wondering how hot the sun is and how tan can someone get?! Also are their any lizards or snakes around the huts or @ the beach?
When I was watching Temptaion Island, the couples were on their final dates and one couple wen't into this dark cave and they were in tubes w/ the light hats on! I was wondering what and where this place was because I am extremely interested into the adventurous outdoory thing. Also does anyone have any suggestings about any places to visit, with some hinking and some fun!
Thanx!~* Bye!*
~LaUrEn!*

D
D
That was Caves Branch you saw on TV. It is a very cool trip on the mainland out in Cayo. You tube in a mile or so against a light current, have lunch on a sandbar in a very dark cave, and then float back out. You'll see bats and other cool critters in there. Mayan artifacts are everywhere. For a traveler like you I'd suggest Monkey Bay as well. Real wildlife for the hardy. No tourist trappings. Not soft but very close to nature. The Sibun is a great place to cool off.

M
M
Lauren..Not sure where you live,but the sun in Belize is very intense.We usually go to the tanning salon for at LEAST 5 visits prior to a trip.Use sunscreen as you will be fooled with the cool breeze and not know that you are burning. You can get a nice tan, but take care!We only saw very small lizards, never in our room,but no guarantee here!We never saw any snakes. Have a great time!

Mary and Scott
R
R
FOR MARY & SCOTT...on the tanning issue..you said you guy go for 5 visits...how do you space them out? Thanks

I am fair skinned, and do not do the tanning salon before going to Ambergris. But I faithfully apply sunscreen of at least 30spf
every day before leaving my room, then again after being in the water. I did not burn at all, but tanned. It works.

Dare To Deviate
Fortunately, I live on the Texas coast and got a base tan before I left last June. It sure helped!!!! I also did as Chloe did and wore an SPF 30 sunscreen. I have a dark complexion, and tan easily, but have found that I keep my tan much longer if I use a 30 SPF. It comes out golden and even all over. If I burn, I get splotchy and peel in weird places. This worked for me as well. I'd go with the 30 no matter what.
Debbie

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hi lauren. most of the really adventurous stuff is on the mainland. to answer about the lizards, check your brother's post at the bottom of this page, regarding the wildlife. lotsa folks already answered them. and it depends where you stay on the island how many you will see. i stayed up north and saw lizards every day. none in my cabana, but one night i heard "tappa, tappa, tappa." my husbnad was asleep, but i was reading with a little reading light. i turned it to the sound, and there was a little crab, about 3 inches across, crawling sideways (of course) past my bed & into the bathroom! i thought it was pretty funny. the next morning i told my husband about it, and he promptly helped the critter back outside!

E
E
Lauren,

I just returned on Friday from a week long visit to AC. If I had my choice, I would have stayed FOREVER! The weather was wonderful, approx. 85 each day and very sunny. There were brief showers in the morning which only lasted about 10 minutes. As far as the tanning goes, I am fair skinned/freckly and got the best tan of my life. I wore SPF 30- 45 each day. I would highly recommend sunscreen since the sun seems to be really intense and you'll have a better time gradually tanning versus
getting fried & feeling miserable.

I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of bugs on the island. I kept hearing complaints about bugs and saw hardly any during the trip. I actually see more here in Chicago than on AC. At night there was a breeze which kept away any mosquitos. As far as snakes or lizards on the beach... didn't see any snakes at all and just a few tiny lizards.

Hope this is helpful -- enjoy your trip! It's an amazing place!

M
M
We will be in Cayo this June after AC and want to do the cave branch river tubing. We will be staying at Pook's Hill and have a rental car. Do you just show up at Ian's Cave Branche Lodge and take the tour from there or do you have to make advance reservations?

K
K
I'm sure Ian and his guides would appreciate knowing ahead of time. Plus, they need to let you know what time you should be at their camp and give you some instructions, such as, take a change of clothes and you need either hiking boots or tennis shoes with very good tread, so you don't slip while climbing in the caves. It is a great experience- you'll feel like Indiana Jones. The guides are really good.

Karen Pasquariello
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.