Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
My wife & I are arriving from Canada via Houston on the 28th.

We have read the messages daily and have had most of our questions & concerns alleviated by all your great responses.

We are staying at Lilly's and are just wondering if the beach in town is nice & quiet enough to lie out for the afternoon and if not how far away is the nearest quiet beach.

We are interested in a trip to the Mayan ruins. Is there an travel planner in town that arranges day trips or should I try and book it through Lilly's.

Lastly on Temptation Island, one of the dates included an inner tube ride though a cave. Is that near Ambergrise or is it too far away to thing about doing on this trip.

thanx

B
B
The beaches South of town can all be accessed by riding your bike on the beach. Go at least to Caribe Island resort, then North to th eVictoria house and 3 miles to town. Tsest the coldness of the Belikins as needded--and the hammocks. North of town is a little less accessible.
Tanisha Tours does an excellent job with the Lamainai trip, and although arduous it is well worth it for Mayan ruins and jungle/river tours. I left my wife at the resort and went alone.

Tanisha Tours is at: http://TanishaTours.com

you can talk to her about the cave trip also...

S
S
Hi... I also recommend the Lamanai ruins trip... The somewhat "arduous" trip makes it all the more fascinating when you get there. It's not one of the more highly travelled to sites and, therefore, a little more like you're one of the "few who have been there". It's a fun all day trip that you will ALWAYS remember!

Scott

Six of 8 of us stayed at Lilly's in January. You will be right in the center of activity. If you have a ground floor room your verandah will be considered open to the public. I liked it as I liked meeting new people. The beach is not very wide and there is constant foot traffic. There are a couple of wooden lounge chairs so you can sit out whenever you want.
However, if you're looking for a private, quiet beach you've got to get away from town.
Have fun. I think Lobster season is closed right now. Too bad. Lilly's made divine Lobster omelet.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.