Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39071 05/10/01 01:20 PM
D
DBS Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I am taking my wife to Mata Chica in the fall as a surprise birthday present. I have a few questions about staying at the resort. Is the only way to get from MC to San Pedro via the water taxi, or do the golf cart paths go that far north. Are there any other restaurants up near MC--besides Mambo and restaurants in other hotels? I would like to try several of the restaurants on AC, but would like to stay away from paying $20 round trip on the water taxi for breakfast, lunch and dinner. What have other people done for breakfast and lunch if staying at the resorts out of town?

In advance, I would appreciate any help the BB could provide. The previous postings have been very helpful in putting the trip together.

Thanks,

DBS

G
G
dbs... check out my posting titled "marty board very helpful" via the search feature listed in the top right of the page. we stayed at mata chica in late march and it was great...you have touched on the only downside to staying that far north. the resort provides a couple of trips to sp each day and if you can coordinate your schedule and planning around their free trips you can save the $20 per person r\t fare. we let them know we that we thought this was the only shortfall at mc and we felt that there must be a better way. but Nadia did not think it was that much of an issue or problem...
say hello to nadia and phillippe...
they will take care of your every want...enjoy!!!!

[This message has been edited by garfish (edited 05-11-2001).]

D
DBS Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Garfish: Thanks, I had missed you report the first time through the board. I gather from your message that you ate lunch at MC. Is it pricey? Also how pricey was dinner, on average? My wife and I are not big breakfast or lunch people, but like to go out for nice dinners.

Also, did you give any thought to the "all-inclusive package" at MC?I'm leaning toward not doing it, as I want to enjoy some of the other restaurants, but the convenience factor, particularly for lunch, keeps pulling at me. I'd appreciate your input (or the input of anyone else on the board).

DBS

G
G
our package included a daily "continental breakfast" which was way nicer than we expected and plenty to eat too. like you, we are 2 meals per day folks. a breakfast and then a "special" dinner was all we wanted. we found that most all places we mentioned in our report were in the same price range. we ate at the more expensive places, but the lions bbq was lots of fun and very good too and their are others that sounded like they would be good for less $ than capricorn, mata and sweet basils. but we wanted all the atmosphere that those places offered and figured they were well worth the extra....and hey it was really the only meal we paid for daily, so we splurged...

[This message has been edited by garfish (edited 05-11-2001).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.