Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42233 07/20/01 12:00 AM
A
aloha Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I've been back from Belize for almost 2 weeks now and I can't stop thinking about how much I don't belong here anymore. Everyone whom I tell about my travels all tell me about this gleam I get in my eyes when I talk about it, and they tell me how I obviously shouldn't be here anymore. But, I have certain goals that I set for myself that I really want to acomplish before I leave, and then... As Jimmy Buffett once said, "I wanna go back, to the island, where the shrimp boats tie up to the pilings. Give me oysters and beer, for dinner every day of the year. And I'll do fine, I'll do fine. Cause I wanna be there. Wanna go back down and lie beside the sea there. With a tin cup, for a chalice..."

Could anyone who's going down to AC just stop in at Tuff-E-Nuff and tell Rico, Oliver, Nigel, Jovianni, Clemente and the "boyz" that the guy who caught the tarpon says hi! I'd really appreciate it. And for all you first timers about to go; I envy you and please leave all the B.S. behind. And remember that the locals can't contol the weather, nor can they do anything for you other than provide the places for you to experience. It's up to you to go in with a great attitude and just make the best of whatever comes your way. If you don't, you will come out of it without realizing all the great things that the rest of us have and are talking about. And that's a crime.

#42234 07/20/01 12:14 AM
D
D
AMEN!!!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.