Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Craig Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My girlfriend and I have just returned from a 10-day stay in AC. Words cannot convey the spiritual experience we were lucky to capture on the island. I could write a book about our stay on this heavenly spot on God's Earth. The people of AC are a true gift from the Creator. They are the most friendly, beautiful people we have ever encountered. We got to know and hung out with MANY of the natives. I am sure that many of you already know the deep feelings we have for Belize, and it is entirely impossible to communicate the essence in words. As a matter of fact, my girlfriend and I will be married there next May. I would like to say thank you to a few of the natives and people living there:

-Rene with J & R Dive & Tours-you are the best! We LOVE you!
-Tony and Yvonne (the parasail guy)-thank you for a wonderful evening at your home. GO PARASAILING with Tony!!! He and is beautiful wife are THE BEST! The Space Shuttle was wild that night!
-Elton and The Punta Boys-this band is AWESOME!!! They are younger than The Punta Rebels and are up and coming. A must see! They will play at our wedding reception! The Friday night show at Mr. C's Sports Bar was over the top!
-Island Dog-thanks for the wonderful painting.
-Rip (Anthony Austin)-Our main Rasta Man-thank you so much for the beautiful carvings. Rip sets up in front of BC's. Go see his work. A must! Your son's soccer gear will be in the mail soon.
-All the wonderful staff of Ramon's especially Trevor and Jack! Y'all are great people!
-Nando at 92.3 Reef Radio High Tide Entertainment-keep cranking out the killer tunes!

There are many more but these were people we really got close to on our visit.

Hey Barefoot Skinny, I am sorry we didn't have the opportunity to see you. Tony said that we would have really gotten along and "The Punta Boys" respect you greatly!

Some of the restaurants we visited were (all are HIGHLY recommended!):
-Papi's
-Jambels Jerk Chicken (on the rooftop)
-Estel's By the Sea
-Elvi's
-Sweet Basil's
-Ramon's
-Mangos
-Celis
-Victoria House
-Lillys

I HIGHLY recommend Rene at J&R Dive & Tours. He took us cave tubing in the Cayo District on the mainland. It was a TRIP! My girl and I went out with him alone and spent the day swimming with sharks and sting-rays at Shark Ray Alley and seeing all the underwater beauty at Hol Chan Marine Reserve. He took us to Kitty's on a deserted part of the north end of the island and cooked us the best meal I have ever eaten! Huge chunks (steaks) of red snapper and lobster tails in fresh veggies. It was soooo savory! Then we went reef fishing! A day made in Heaven! Rene is a local, and his shop is not one of the larger ones. We spent two days visiting all of them, and he was our pick! I am sure all are wonderful, and you cannot go wrong. But from our experience, Rene is the most humble, coolest guy we have ever met. His phone number is 011-501-26-4075. His email is [email protected] Please tell him Felicia and Craig said hello and that we are looking forward to him visiting us in Mississippi and taking him to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

If you are interested in finding out if The Punta Boys will be performing during your stay email Elton at [email protected]

You can email Rip, who happens to do absolutely gorgeous carvings at [email protected]

Just see Tony about parasailing when you get there. He is a TRIP!

If any of you are contemplating visiting AC, GO!!! If you have the spiritual attitiude, it will be the adventure of a lifetime! My one suggestion would be, "Don't groove the island, let the island groove you. Feel 'da rythmn and become one with it!" So will understand this, others will not.

If you aren't a diver, it's totally cool! We were more interested in becoming closer to the natives in a spiritual sense! Mission accomplished! All it takes is sitting down with these lovely people and letting them educate you on their culture.

If any of you have any specific questions, and would like to email me privately, send me a note at [email protected]

Again a SINCERE, heartful thank you to the beautiful people of Belize for an experience we will treasure deep in our souls for the rest of our exsistence! We will see all of you in May for the wedding!

If any of your are on the island, please print out and share this email with the people mentioned above. They do not check this board! Someone PLEASE do this for us!

Love and Peace to all!

Craig and Felicia

A
A
Craig and Felicia,

Thank you sharing your sincere and heartfelt emotions about your stay on AC. Whenever I think for a second that I have far too much emotional attachment to my visit there, I read about how the people and the island affected others too.

Tell me, did you decide to marry there next May once you visited, or did you plan on that already?

Thank you again. You made me smile.

S
S
Ditto on the great diving with Rene and his brother Jacinto.They can also be found at the Victoria House dive shop. They take their jobs very seriously and make the most of your time in the water! Their brother George is also an EXCELLENT fishing guide!Like you said, they do not run big operations but have got to be some of the best on the island none the less!!

Craig and Felicia, I started printing your post before I read thru the first paragraph.
I smiled with a tear in my eye all the way thru, as if you were writing about my family.
I feel so connected to the people and the caribbean sea, they are like my family and home, even tho I am in South Texas. You two surely grasped all that Belize is to so many of us.
I printed for my kids, that will be visiting Ambergris
with me for the first time later this year.
You said it all so very well, thanks for sharing.
Chloe

Dare To Deviate
C
Craig Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Someone sent me a private email regarding prices/money and what Felicia took to wear. I accidently deleted the email. PLEASE email us again at [email protected] I am so sorry!

AC Beach Bum-I proposed to Felicia while we were there, and there is absolutely no question where we should be married. But we had not planned on getting married there before our visit. I'll keep everyone posted on our plans as they progress. Everyone is invited to attend! The reception will be kicking with The Punta Boys. We are still very early in the planning stage.

Silly-Are you on the island? Do you know Rene? If so, PLEASE stop by and give him our love! (Felicia and Craig). Tell him to be expecting a package from us in the coming weeks. I will email him this week. I need his postal mailing address. If you can get it from him, email it to me! Thanks! =0)

Chloe-I am quite sure that Felicia and I were simply echoing your feelings for Belize. The feeling that you felt while reading the post was not from us. It was from the people of Belize! The feelings we share is what makes the world a beautiful place!

I hope you all get used to us, because we now plan on being regulars on the message board.

Man, y'all should have seen the Space Shuttle go over the island! It was intense!!! Also, the electricity went out for 8 hours in the ENTIRE country while we were there. AC never missed a beat! That has meaning in itself! We LOVED it!

Feelin' 'da vibe!

Love and Peace to all!

Craig and Felicia

Craig, you've caught the magic, and da vibe! Reading your trip report was like re-living my own trip, and reminded me of all I truly love about AC. Congrats on your engagement. I'm sure you've seen, but check out all the posts about weddings - there have been several recently. It will probably give you some great advice from those recently married and soon-to-be-wed on AC. Thanks for sharing your energy and insights. Glad you're aboard on the board - look forward to hearing more from you.

Hey Craig, Sorry I missed you too. I'm starting to get homesick.

PS. Find out what I'm up to at www.broadjam.com/barefootskinny

Your's not in the Caye of "A"
S
S
Craig,
No I am not on the island. We visited a month ago and had the opportunity to dive and fish with the Bradley brothers.I wish I were still on the island!!

D
D
Hey Craig, I'm glad you liked our little floating sand bar we call home. The people make this place as you discovered. We love living here, and feel grateful to have this opportunity in life. As they say...you only get one shot at it. It may not be for everyone ...but it is for us! Don't worry about missing my bro Skinny....He'll be back, better than ever.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.