Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45311 11/07/01 02:20 PM
S
OP Offline
S
What can anyone tell me about the Sunbreeze...I understand it is close to town...how close...does that mean it is loud. Comparison with other hotels in the area, how does it compare. Thanks.

#45312 11/07/01 02:49 PM
G
G
The Sunbreeze is right across from the airport. Sound noisey? Well it's not! It's amazing how you can walk across the street and thru the door and be in another world. Because of the way the Sunbreeze is set up, it is actually one of the quietest places I've stayed at in SP. And no I never heard the planes taking off from the airport either. Nice pool, great staff and it's a short walk from all kinds of restaurants, shops, etc. there in town (BC's is right next to it on the beach).

#45313 11/07/01 02:49 PM
G
G
The Sunbreeze is right across from the airport. Sound noisey? Well it's not! It's amazing how you can walk across the street and thru the door and be in another world. Because of the way the Sunbreeze is set up, it is actually one of the quietest places I've stayed at in SP. And no I never heard the planes taking off from the airport either. Nice pool, great staff and it's a short walk from all kinds of restaurants, shops, etc. there in town (BC's is right next to it on the beach).

#45314 11/07/01 02:55 PM
Although it is a little out of date this map will give you a general idea. //AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html
Also there is a great composite photo of the San Pedro shoreline from Ramon's to the river. It is from before Sunbreeze built their pool. The sunbreeze is to the right from Ramon's where there are some white buildings with no docks. //ambergriscaye.com/message/Forum4/HTML/001549.html

Belize it!

[This message has been edited by margarita (edited 11-07-2001).]

#45315 11/07/01 04:04 PM
I agree with the other postings on location, lack of noise, etc.

It does have a great location, it's quiet and well-run. The pool, though above ground, is terrific. My kids think it's one of the best pools in Belize. I do miss the old Rasta Pasta restaurant, but some people like Caruso's. There is a seawall in front of the hotel, but the beach at Ramon's is close by.

Manager Julia Edwards always hates it when I say this, but the SunBreeze is motel-like. It's set up in a U configuration with rooms, which are large, along the two sides of the two-story U. Nothing wrong with a motel, but it's not like this is a quaint little inn in its design.

Book direct, and you'll probably get about a 20% discount.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#45316 11/07/01 06:29 PM
I stayed at SunBreeze back in May. It was perfect. You can pop over around the corner to Ruby's in the morning for johnny cakes and fresh squeezed orange juice, and party at BCs - just a stones throw from Carusos. I booked room 225 - top floor at the end, with a hammock right outside the door and a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The location is great for everything. You can walk to the airport in just a couple of minutes.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#45317 11/07/01 11:53 PM
I love the Sunbreeze, just pull your suitcase across the street from the airport and you are home.

Dare To Deviate

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.