Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49838 04/29/02 09:56 PM
T
teacher Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Anybody out there have advice on booking resorts through a travel agent versus dealing directly with the establishment?

Just wanting to find the best deal! If you have a favorite agent--will you let me know?

Thanks!
teacher

#49839 04/29/02 10:11 PM
Check with Linda at Mata Rocks
1-888-628-2757
She took care of all our arrangements for our July trip...Tell her John from TEXAS told you..........

John
#49840 04/29/02 10:42 PM
D
D
teacher, you can check with [email protected] who lives in Belize. they do great travel arrangements.
Deb.

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at [email protected]
#49841 04/30/02 09:03 AM
oh my!! don't touch that dial!

i MUST tell you about Barb's Belize. she has been the BEST!!! i was a huge pain in the rear, changing this or that, but she stayed with me every step of the way. gave me honest opinions and personal recommendations. and saved us $$ of course. she has stayed many places. she did big zeke's gang too.
www.barbsbelize.com or email her at [email protected]

#49842 04/30/02 09:05 AM
As a general rule in Belize, you'll get a better rate by booking direct with the hotel, especially via the Internet. Most properties in Belize are small and don't like to pay travel agent or wholesaler commissions (though of course they won't say that in public or to travel agents.)

There are some exceptions. Sometimes agents will have negotiated an especially good price and can offer rooms for less than the hotel quotes direct. That's particularly true of agents who are in Belize or who specialize in Belize travel. Also, sometimes wholesalers or packagers such as Capricorn Travel do air/hotel packages that are lower than you can put together yourself, although in most cases you are limited to only a few hotels.

Finally, off-season sometimes walk-in rates are the lowest rates of all. Just show up and shop around ... but you take the chance that the hotel you like is full or isn't willing to do negotiate (or that whoever is at the desk doesn't have the authority to do deals).

--Lan Sluder
Belize books and publications by Lan Sluder:
Belize First Magazine (http://www.belizefirst.com)
Fodor's Belize & Guatemala Guide (new 4th edition coming this summer)
Adapter Kit: Belize (the first and only comprehensive guide to living, retiring, working and investing in Belize -- a best-seller on Amazon.com)
San Pedro Cool (the first and only visitor guide to Ambergris Caye)
Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize
UpClose Central America
Belize Book of Lists

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#49843 04/30/02 10:05 AM
T
teacher Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks for you help, sweetJane (and everyone else too!)

I sent Barb an email..hope she can find us a deal!

teacher [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.