Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#54282 06/21/02 11:56 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Hello all

For myself and those others who are traveling solo, what would be your pick for dining out alone the first few days. I will arrive late afternoon, and was wondering where I should go to dinner?

#54283 06/22/02 02:57 AM
O
O
Anywhere would be fine, my favorite was Papis.

#54284 06/22/02 03:19 AM
I love Papi's too, but you'll probably want a day or two to acclimatize before you take the stroll down there in the dark.

Actually, you'll probably want to take that walk in the daylight first to locate it. Have some lunch and a soda or a Beliken at Papi's. Sit outside and watch the "car wash". LOL

I remember that my first time down, I was nervous about going up any streets that were past the pink supermarket. That makes me laugh now but I still remember how I felt then.

So, my recommendation for dinner the first night is Jambel's on the rooftop or even just grab something at the kiosk vendors and then wander down to Fido's for a drink or two.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#54285 06/22/02 09:05 AM
we were actually pretty impressed with 'el patio'. the food was yummy and the service wonderful. the waiters were v-funny, and could take a joke. the outdoor patio with fountain is very pretty at night.

they make a delicious drink called the Islander, and it knocks your socks off.

also had a pretty good meal at elvi's this trip. debbie & mark didn't like it as much, but i really enjoyed it.

#54286 06/22/02 09:57 AM
I agree with the Jambels' suggestion.
Also hear that Calientes' is better than average, have yet to try it but will next week..........Richard

#54287 06/22/02 10:04 AM
Kayla, Can;t remember where you are staying
but "El Patio" was really good, Tropica also has good food&service.. In town,Celi's & Elvi's are good choices........
This has got to go fast because I'm really ready for "next week"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John

John
#54288 06/22/02 12:33 PM
L
L
I agree with Jane: I tried El Patio last month and it was really good food and the waiters were great. I was by myself and the bartender and the waiter sat with me while I ate. We laughed and told stories and jokes the whole time. I felt right at home there. Also, Calientes is very good.

#54289 06/22/02 06:44 PM
KC Offline
You DEFINATELY need to eat where there is a view of the sea that first night!!! Save the other places (Elvie's, Papi's, el patio, etc.) for later on.

Places on the beach (that come to mind) are Caliente, Fidos, (Jambel's is on the beach, but I'm not sure you get a view of the water, unless there is roof seating). Oh yeah! I forgot BCs!!!! They have wonderful burritos, chips, and salsa, and whatever else Charlene cooked that day.

Anyway... just dump your stuff in your room, and take off down the beach. Stop wherever it looks like a nice place to spend a few hours and meet new people.

I am turning green with envy. You will love this vacation, and I can't wait until you get back to share your experiences with us.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#54290 06/22/02 07:47 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Just thought all of you that gave me the advice on what to do before I leave might like to know you are responsible for a possible love connection!

Here's the story. . .
Went to buy mask/snorkel as suggested at local dive shop. Thought owner was really cute and friendly, but figured must be married.

Went back few days later to exchange for different set (I am very indecisive at times!)

Went in today to buy dive manual to get jump start on studying. Find out dive guy is not married (Still cute however and even has adorable Golden Retreiver named Tigger)and am asked out to lunch on Monday. Of course said yes!

You guys are the best!!!!!

Kayla

#54291 06/22/02 08:38 PM
KC Offline
Looks like you've got a dive partner. [Linked Image]

Maybe he has some vacation time coming, and would like a dive trip to AC?

Have a nice lunch!

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.