Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Front Street completed. Below are a picture of the final stages. The nursery will put in the plants tomorrow.

[Linked Image]

The Front Street project has been finished after 5 intense days. The alley from Tropic Air is now open as a one-way for golfcarts, bicycles, and pedestrians. The first block of Front Street will be blocked tomorrow at a ONE WAY going North for golfcarts only.

The two setbacks have been overcome. One was access by firetrucks, which required us to build a ramp next to Ruby's Hotel, which cost about $500bz, but was built in about 4 hours. The other was that BEL did not come through with donating "telephone poles" which were going to be used all along the front of the Elementary School.

Since I was under budget by over $2,000, I made the decision to build the ramp, and buy the wood to complete the sidewalk in front of the school. I have not yet done the total accounting, but still expect to be at our limit of $7,100 (which was the Chamber's $5,000, Patty Arceo's $1,600, and Mata Chica's $500).

The Mayor, Mr. Nunez, along with "Jimbo" and Omar Arceo, from the Town Board, Debbie Spain from Traffic, and Jerome Garcia, the Fire Chief, all helped in giving support, advice, and co-operation in getting the project completed. For the record, my time and labor was volunteered. I would like to thank our one other volunteer, Charmaine Tolentino, that constantly got needed supplies and ran countless errands, which allowed me to remain on the job site continuously.

So far we have gotten over-whelming support and compliments from everyone. The only one we seem to have upset is Richard Aguillar from Aqua Dives, that seems to require to be able to drive his truck down to the beach to bring his dive tanks. Hopefully the law that vehicles are not allowed on the beach will prevail.

Both Mango's and Sunrise Realty have been excellent. They both are paying for the development in front of their business, and have already made plans to landscape. The Riverwalk Garden will be filling the nine new "planters" this coming Sunday with a variety of shrubs and flowering plants.

This was an "astonishing " accomplishment for such a new organization. Regardless of politics, this could not have happened without the encouragement and support of Patty Arceo, our Area Representative. For that, the Chamber thanks her.

Personally, I would like to thank all of you for your support and money that made this possible. It was alot of hard work, but so very needed in our community. Hopefully we can get the support of the businesses and government to continue the re-vitalization of the primary street of our town, and take steps to control the size and volume of traffic that our tourists are faced with.

Sincerely,

Tom L. Vidrine, Chairman
Ambergris Caye Chamber of Commerce

I can hardly wait to get there and see it for myself.
Tom, I very much look forward to meeting you.
Do I understand correctly - there will be NO CARS, ETC. on Front Street? confused
Only golf carts, bicycles and feet? Wowie! This should sure cut down on the dust and the noise!
What's next?
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Don't get too excited. This is only a trial block of Front Street. It is now a NO Car area. But we have a long way to go before all of Front Street is that way.
Tom

S
S
Congratulations, looks and sounds fabulous. This should inspire a lot of other folks with good ideas to follow through.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
Hey Tom,
Although we saw you twice last week, I don't think ya saw us. And if ya did see us I'm not sure if you remembered us. By the way CONGRATS, your wife is beautiful!
We saw the "trial" area and it's a good thing ya did. I hope ya don't put that couple out of business at the corner there with the school kids though! Although we only left yesterday I hope you consult with then and remember they are a "school day business" before it really is finished. All they have is the kids there.
You and many including the Honorable Patty are really goin for it! That's a good thing!
Does that mean you and I are BLUE...

DITTO!!!!!!!!
Rick

People have been talking a long time about things like this. Finally something happens.

Congratulations TOM, and although this test area is probably less than 5%, I hope you will soon be able to start on the remaining 95% !!!!

It is not only important for the tourism but also for the San Pedrano to have a beatiful town with a rustic look instead of that of a constructionyard.

Live and let live
Just Awesome!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.