Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#62496 02/03/03 01:04 PM
shelley Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi All,

My "honey" and I are scheduled for 7 nights at Captian Morgan's in June. I was wondering what everone's feeling was on them? I've heard so much about Ramon's I'm beginning to think we may have booked at a wrong place.

I'm also looking for some info on the weather and water tempature at the end of June. We will be visiting June 22-29th.

And last but mostly inportant: We want to get married while we are there. Nothing big, actually just us, a preacher, a beach and you guys if you want to come. We both have been married once (or twice) before and I find no sense in spending a bunch of money. Can it be done this simply there?

Any and all information welcome.

#62497 02/03/03 08:25 PM
D
D
Sorry I can't give you much info right now, BUT I'm getting married at Capt Morgans later this month. I'll report everything when I get back. (Good and/or bad). So stay tuned.

#62498 02/04/03 08:14 AM
S
S
Happy wedding and marriage! Caribbean Villas Hotel (under "Lodging" this site & E-mail: [email protected]) hosts many weddings. They can share with you contacts, costs and procedures & I think they would be happy to do so even if you aren't staying there. June weather is warm in the air and water; only risk seems to be a tropical wave that could bring thundershowers.

#62499 02/04/03 02:44 PM
shelley Offline OP
OP Offline
Good luck on your marriage divediva. Please do let me know how the retreat is. We are looking for a very small ceremony. Just us.

Have you contacted anyone in Belize yet concerning the license? If so, can you give me your contact so I can start inquiring.

#62500 02/04/03 03:20 PM
Getting married here is a piece of cake(takes 24 hrs. to set up)for contacts call travel and tour here in S.P.

#62501 02/04/03 05:38 PM
shelley Offline OP
OP Offline
Pedro,
I'm so glad to here that. So we don't have to be in the country for 3 days before we can marry?
Does Travel & Tour have a website? Or do you have a number/contact?

#62502 02/04/03 07:15 PM
D
D
From my understanding you still have to be in Belize for 3 day prior to getting married. But maybe Pedro has some new info.

Anyway, I used the services at Maya Travel Services (www.mayatravelservices.com).

We are having a small ceremony, which started out with just the two of us, but now a few friends are joining us.
You do need two witnesses, which I'm sure the folks at where ever you stay will be happy to be your witness.

Many travel agents will do the license stuff for you. Maya Travel arranged everything for us, license, photographer and minister.

Let me know if you have any other questions....and I'll be sure and report back when I return.

#62503 02/04/03 08:06 PM
I arranged a marriage in one day(they are now seperated)call "Travel and Tour" 226-2137 and they arrange everything

#62504 02/26/03 03:15 PM
D
D
Just got back from Belize yesterday. It was wonderful. We did a week of diving on a liveaboard and then we headed over to AC and Capt morgan's to get married. Everything went so smoothly.
Capt Morgans set up a place for us to have the ceremony on the beach, a circle of palm leafs and conch shells under two palm trees. Even the weather corroperate. Had very little wind and a beautiful sunset.
Kay Scott arrived and was so sweet and the minister did a lovely service. I'm getting the picutres developed today so I'll try and post some later.
Bottom line, getting married in belize was easy, stress free and perfect for us. Now we have a very special place to go back to for anniversaries. If you have any questions..let me know. laugh

#62505 02/26/03 03:19 PM
shelley Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by divediva:
Just got back from Belize yesterday. It was wonderful. We did a week of diving on a liveaboard and then we headed over to AC and Capt morgan's to get married. Everything went so smoothly.
Capt Morgans set up a place for us to have the ceremony on the beach, a circle of palm leafs and conch shells under two palm trees. Even the weather corroperate. Had very little wind and a beautiful sunset.
Kay Scott arrived and was so sweet and the minister did a lovely service. I'm getting the picutres developed today so I'll try and post some later.
Bottom line, getting married in belize was easy, stress free and perfect for us. Now we have a very special place to go back to for anniversaries. If you have any questions..let me know. laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.