Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#67887 05/05/03 10:08 AM
T
OP Offline
T
We arrive at Belize City at 1:24 p.m. on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOPPEE!!!

How long does it take to get your bags, go through customs, etc.??? I am trying to make arrangements for the flight to go to San Pedro.There is a flight at 1:40. Should I book that one or do the 2:40 one??

Thanks and look forward to meeting some of the Boarders in AC on Thursday!!

Deb
#67888 05/05/03 10:18 AM
I
I
Don't think you will make the 1:40 flight.
Go ahead and book the 2:40 and you will have plenty of time to enjoy a few Belikins at Jets Bar
before your flight. Jet is awesome!!! Don't know how they put that much niceness in such a small package... Have a great time

#67889 05/05/03 10:24 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I assume that bar is in the airport??? Is that they only bar there or are there some other ones in the airport??

How long does customs take or rather getting your luggage??

Deb
#67890 05/05/03 10:51 AM
I
I
We arrived on a Friday in March and it
took us about 45 minutes to get our luggage, clear customs, and check in at Tropic Air. However, there was 9 of us and we were the last ones of the plane when we arrived in BC. The first time we went to Belize it was just me and my wife and we were sitting at Jets waiting on our flight to the island in 20 minutes after landing in BC.

Jets is in the Tropic/Maya air terminal.
Once you clear security it will be on your left.

#67891 05/05/03 11:00 AM
A
A
HA. I am on your flight on Thursday. laugh I was wondering the same thing, but figured I would be on "island time" by the time I land, and I would just play it by ear.

But maybe now that I am competing with you for a seat, I should reconsider.... wink (Just kidding.)

Three days! UGH. Can hardly wait! cool

#67892 05/05/03 11:23 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Ansky,

Where are you from? There will be three of us. Maybe we can meet up on the airplane?? We are flying from Austin and connecting in Houston to Belize....

Debra

Deb
#67893 05/05/03 11:30 AM
For what it's worth, I arrived mid-week at 11:30 AM via American and was scheduled for a 1:40 PM departure via Maya Air. I was through customs, and was re-scheduled by the Mayan ticket agent for their 12:40 flight. There were two airplanes on the ground at that time

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
#67894 05/05/03 11:31 AM
Definitely go for the 2:40 flight. You'll never make it otherwise. Jet's is the only bar there but you will enjoy the wait...

Another little tip is not to buy souviners at the airport... wait until you are in San Pedro or when you're going back...

#67895 05/05/03 12:28 PM
Hey Texas, Go on island time and life will be a joy. No matter what time the flight goes. Every one is very accommidating and friendly. Even us high strung Americans trying to jam 73 minutes into every hour. The first time down I found myself grilling the plesant lady at the condo desk at the palms. One question after another as fast as I could get them out. She was so patient with me and I realized after 15 minutes, there is a problem here - ME. Somehow I was able to switch off the attitude and I have been in love with Belize and who I am when I am there. Can say it has helpped at home too. Have a great time!!! Who are the boarders?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
#67896 05/05/03 12:50 PM
Texas - here's the scoop. It was a zoo at the airport when I arrived on Saturday. Here's the deal - which will likely be the case when you arrive. So take a deep breath and remind yourself you're in paradise.

When I arrived, there was a line out the door of the immigration/customs building. I think we were bunched up with the Continental flight too. When you finally get into the building, you will be given another paper to complete - a small square paper which asks you about your health - this is the SARS questionaire. You fill this paper out while you wind around to turn it in. If all is OK, the hand you a yellow slip of paper. THEN you get in the immigration line to hand in your papers you filled out on the plane and show your passport. This could take quite a while. After that, you claim your luggage (it will be waiting for you since you've spent the time in two lines). Usually you breeze right through that. Then you enter another area to check in for your puddle jumper. I waited almost 25 minutes to do this and managed to catch a flight that was leaving in five minutes. The hour time between your flights is about right as it was for me. Tropic or Maya will accommodate you without a problem. If you miss one flight you'll be on the next one. I made my flight but my luggage didn't so the airlines put it on the next flight and then will offer to put in on a Taxi and deliver it to your hotel. You'll have your luggage within an hour.

My experience might not be what you'll have - hopefully they will have this routine down a bit smoother. I think I probably experienced the worst that any one could have, and it was not a big deal.

Enjoy your flight and hopefully I'll see you on AC!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.