Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#68322 05/13/03 07:50 PM
B
BW_3 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Planning on spending two weeks on AC in Jan/Feb '04 and would really appreciate lodging input. Our criteria:

1) NOT in town, but within an easy bike/walk/golf cart. Say 35-40 minutes max. (Does this eliminate the north end?)

2) Nice beach/swimming, enjoyable pool. Relaxed setting-- active, but no raging partying until 4 AM (prefer to reserve that for someone else's hotel! :p )

3) Less than $200/night-- would really prefer to be in the $150 or less range, but might splurge for something special.

4) Would prefer a casita or other "separated" lodging, but would consider a nice hotel/attached condo type unit if the other criteria were met.

5) Other pluses would include A/C in rooms, restaurant on site, tennis, dive/fishing on site.

TIA for wading through this message and for your advice.

E
E
Check out Royal Palms. Sounds like what you are looking for.

Caribe Island Resort - That is my pick!
South of town, Condo type units and GREAT property!

Check out MataRocks....You will be happy....No restaurant (but one on each side)...mohp.....Great suites.....Great staff & owners...... cool wink

John
P
P
I agree with aqtpie2-Caribe is a great place!!!Get the breakfast burrito-fabulous-on hangover mornings it was enough for two, otherwise I would hog it all to myself. $ very reasonable, the people who stay there for extended periods ( as well as short timers) were very friendly and I can't say enough for the way they treat you when you're there. Sorry I got carried away-I will answer your questions in order:

1)Within biking distance, they have bikes there for the guests. It is a little bit of a distance but if you stop along the way for a cold one it is nothing. At the north end you get stuck when the hand ferry closes in the eve.

2)What's this about a nice beach...they have a great beach, when we were there they even had floating islands out in the ocean for guests to chill on, the pool is fabulous, just a step off the beach and the bar is great party not too late, but late enough.

3) I would have to pull out my recpts but I remember it was really reasonable-especially compared to the north end.

4)My husband and I were the same way, we wanted a hut type room ( which is why we booked at JE but ended up not liking the north end) we got to Caribe and that went out the window, didn't give it a second thought.

5)A/C cranks!!! Great restaraunt coffee is ready in the AM just go down and take a seat and enjoy the ocean which is right in front of you! No tennis that I saw, but we did get a good volleyball game going. Great dive shop, we did several snorkle trips & a cave tubing-they all came to the dock and picked us up.

Whew I should write an advertisement for them wink
Truly we enjoyed ourselve immensely.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Paluxy,
Thanks for that amazing endorsement!! You are hired!!! I'll have to give you a great discount on your next trip!!!!!
Kiss that baby for me, and tell Scott hi. I'm heading back down tomorrow, but I'm afraid this June will not hold the special memories I have of last June. That was a magical time for all of us and I'm really glad I had the chance to meet you both and celebrate your marriage.
Cheerz!
Vicki

I`m with Paluxy. We stayed at Caribe Island in January. The place was the greatest.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hi Skully,
I'll be thinking about you and Joni too!! Wish we could all get together again.
How are you guys doing? Give my hello to Joni and Colby!!
Cheerz,
Vicki

Thanks Vicki, We could use all the warm wishes we can get. Things are going down hill for Joni. Way to much pain. Cancer sucks.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I know Sweetie. My heart is breaking for you. Joni is just an amazing lady, with an incredible spirit. I know why you love her so much!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 359 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.