Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I'm chartering a boat for a day for the fish/snorkel/beach BBQ and I was wondering how practical it would be to get the captain to take us to Turneffe for the snorkeling part. My logic is that if we have a chartered boat it may be neat to go to a "different" snorkel location as opposed to the ones readily accessible from Ambergris.

Is this practical? How long a boat ride is Turneffe from Ambergris Caye? Am I completely out of my mind? smile

Thanks

That's probably going to be a bit much for a snorkeling trip. Depending on the seas you could be an hour to two hours to get there. It's outside the reef and it can get a bit rough depending on the wind and other factors. Once you get to Turneffe it's just fine.

Your not completely out of your mind, but you're probably getting close to the neighborhood.

G
G
it is a long boat ride. i would suggest checking on the blue hole dive boats the other 2 locations were ok to snorkle. we split our trip up between san pedro 4 days & turneffe island 7 days..now then you get a nice variety. the elbow off turneffe island resort was our favorite dive....

charliec it is a long trip ,who are you going to use ????most local guys will not do that ..it is too far ?? a fast boat can do it ,but to fish /snorkel /bbq .the juice would not be worth the squeeze .it would not be a fun trip if the weather goes to the worst !!!!!and too rushed to enjoy... you need a fun ,relaxing , safe , day ,there are plenty of great spots north near the rocky point area !!!!! hope that helps live the dream enjoy..

Living The Dream Every Day!
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies, guys. It sounds like I should plan a dedicated and separate trip sometime if I want to visit Turneffe. Maybe next time!

cool website charlie. looks like you do a lot of riding!!!!

OP Offline
Wow. Thanks. I try to ride around 100 miles per week. I even plan to do some riding around San Pedro. He he he... cool

there is some good bike racing done on the mainland...

//ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000908

//ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000507

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.