Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#75926 11/08/03 01:27 PM
K
kippe Offline OP
OP Offline
K
As of September we have a free music school in San Pedro. Currently classes are held every Saturday morning and 35 "kids" of all ages are enrolled. We are in dire need of everything! For more info and ways to help email [email protected]. I know that some schools can have learning material sent with the freight charges donated and no duty apply. Am in the process of finding out if this applies to this kind of project as well.Please help keep music alive and well in Belize!

I have a coronet (like a trumpet to you unfamilair with the difference :-) ) that has been sitting in a closet for years.

I would love someone there to put it to use, if there is a need. Anyone from the Northeast going soon? I probably will not before late February or early March. frown

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
the capt jeff goes down each month for rest and fishing , going down the 17 of nov the 16 of dec ,etc,etc,etc, anything for the good of the island I will surport 200% let me know what"S needed ???? I am yours .....

Living The Dream Every Day!
K
kippe Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks Capt! Just talked to Mr Frank at St. Peter's Academy and they have 20 kids that want to join the free music school. Their goal is to create a recorder orchestra! Who doesn't have a recorder in a corner somewhere? Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected].

Do you have a wish list? If you could be specific, I'm sure the items would magically appear...... A lot of people on this board are very generous, and if any are like me, they support the arts......
What's needed? Instruments? paper? CD's of classic music? tape recorders? boom boxes? sheet music? Textbooks? Let us know....

K
kippe Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Debbie, I will talk to Dr. Jackson and get a better handle on what is the most important items right now, hard since we need pretty much everything, instruments, sheet music, you name it. I am fairly new on the board of directors and am still "getting my feet wet". If you want to contact Dr. Jackson directly you can e-mail him at: [email protected].

I tried e-mailing Dr Jackson (at [email protected]) but for some reason the e-mail keeps coming back to me. So I figure I will post my question here. My friend and I will be in AC in 58 days (not that we are counting)and she has a flute she would like to donate. Where should we bring it? Should we mail it ahead of time? Do they have resources to recondition the instrument there or should we try to get it reconditioned before we arrive? It is in good condition, it just hasn't been used for a very long time.

Thanks for you help!

G
G
Hi - Will be in A/C Thanksgiving day.
Whatever we can get our hands on we will bring down.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.