Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
cats Offline OP
OP Offline
C
We will be there for Christmas this year. Want to bring something for the children any suggestions on what to bring and how to hand them out??

You can contact the lions club or the womens club.
Womens club contact is [email protected]
You are a very thoughtful person, I'm sure all will appreciate your gifts!

have to agree with denverdan....conchita and her husband chico, will see to it that the gifts are distributed to the children in need....they are truly wonderful people....i brought lots of school supplies my last trip, and went thru them...they even invited me to a home cooked meal at their home....have a wonderful time!!!!

C
cats Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I e-mailed her but have not gotten a answer yet. You said you brought school supplies can you list what ? Pencils, paper? Do the children learn English or Spanish first? English books are OK?? On Christmas ,toys, Games? I need ideas.
Dont want to bring something down they dont want or cant use. Batteries are so expensive so no battery toys? It is like getting a electric toy with no electricty what good would it be. Thanks for any help on sugestions.Good sales going on would like to buy ASAP.What age group also would help.

D
D
I Take toys an cloths every year..Almost anything is great.. Forget anything with batterys tho. They are expensive on the island .Stuff that I have taken in the past that have been hits are things like, Crayons, colouring books,coloured felt pens,wind me up toys, anything that makes a sound,penny whistles,harmonicas,and so forth.. Little kid clothes are always a hit,as this sort of stuff is scarce and spendy.Anything with sports team logos on it is always cool too..Dont worry about sizes, There is always some one who will fit it.I usually just raid the local thrift store and fill my bags to the bursting point.As far as distributing the stuff, just inquire at your hotel and strike up a friendship with the Maid,the Gardener,the guy raking the beach and so on. They will need it or know some one who does. I usually try to spread it around as far as I can.This has made me a lot of friends thru the years and its a great way to meet some new friends...Its also pretty cool to see some kid on the street a day or two later wearing "my" new clothes

C
cats Offline OP
OP Offline
C
That is what We hope to see. we are going to be there for 2 weeks. One question...Children under 10 do they read English or Spanish? We have some memory games mostly pictures but some letters in English 4 or 5 games should I bring things like that down ?

hi cats....there have been some problems with the e-mail lately....not sure if conchita even received your's...as for school supplies that i brought down, here's a list....hope this helps....
1) paperback dictionaries (english/spanish)
2) erasers
3) bookbags/backpacks
4) crayons
5) rulers
6) pencils
7) notebook paper
8) composition books
9) pocketed folders
10 loose-leaf binders
i'm sure there's alot more things that they can use....i'm sure what ever you bring, will be greatly appreciated....
i'm sure you will have a truly wonderful time....
kerry laugh

The official language of Belize is English. Education is conducted in English.

Hi Cats,
I was happy to see your question. I just fired an email to Conchita as well. If she doesn't respond, I'll plan to do as suggested. I'm planning on bringing down pokemon cards in spanish - don't know if they are into them, but I think that it will be a good tool for my son (8) to strike up a friendship with other boys or girls down there. Are you travelling with children? We arrive on Christmas day and will probably hang around Belize city until we meet up with our tour on the 27th. I can barely wait. Don't tell anyone but I'm at work right now and can't EVEN concentrate, this site is too much fun!
e

C
cats Offline OP
OP Offline
C
It sounds as if your son is younger than mine.
We are there for 10 days at Pardise Villa's 2 daughters 22&20 son 19 Our other Daughter just got married and is on her Honeymoon right now St Lucia for 2 weeks. What tour are you going on? We are from Calif. and you?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.