Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#79152 01/25/04 12:21 PM
Cormac Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello All,

I've been lurking for several days now, and I've tried to read as many old posts as possible to get myself up to speed. Still I have a few (ok, many)questions, and also an invitation of sorts.

First, I've not found a lot of information RE deep sea fishing. FishingSanPedro mentions it as an option, but lists no prices. Anybody know what we could expect in terms of price for a full day? Also, what extras--beyond gratuities--could we anticipate (fuel, etc.?).

Next, my husband and I will be in for our first trip March 13-19. He (who secretly fancies himself a latter-day Hemingway) has a lifelong dream of catching a sailfish or somesuch. I have no such delusions, and would be more interested in catching some rays and the errant Belikin (sp?). I've noticed that most of the deep sea trips indicate 4 persons max-- is anybody in AC for the same dates interested in splitting the costs on such a trip?

This board has already been incredibly helpful in many regards-- my thanks in advance for any advice/assistance.

well here is the skinny on what you asked march ,better chance on catching a beer ,then a sailfish ,, but good fishing and action can be had ie.. reef fish ,flat fish ,good to great ,prices vary ,I use fishingsanpedro.com thats the name of capt bicho co. he is just wonderful the prices are on his web site click prices .he is in my opinion the best there ,and there are some good guides there .he is just a little better ,he uses a mate and has all new gear ,and tackel ,, you need to know the prices in sanpedro for a half day to a full day are more then half than us prices they start out at only $170 us for half a day ,thats dirt cheap ,lots of bang for your us dollar ,go to fishing posts I just got back see the photos on my trip capt jeff fishing photos ,I do a half fast report each month as I go fishing to sanpedro once a month and love it .. again go to fishingsanpedro.com web site it is a neet site .. but book quick as all the good guides get booked up do not wait till you get there .. but check out my guy !!!!but do not book for price alone ..book because you want the best trip ..enjoy any ?????? you can call me toll free 1 800 231 7447 will chit chat fishing .ask for jeff

Living The Dream Every Day!
D
DJH Offline
D
We have alo tried to find out about deep sea fishing. Who would be good to go with. I know they have big boats with bathrooms for deep sea fishing and it use to be $500.00 US for the whole day. I looked at Capt. Bicho web site and it looks like he only has small boats.

magoo you are correct ,fishingsanpedro .com has 23 to 25 foot reef boats perfect for the local waters wich 95 percent of the tourist fisherman want to do ,because of the calm waters ,inside the reef and the abundance of fish life catching one after the other .action after action but not the huge fish you get trolling off shore when they are there ???? bicho will be getting a new 28 foot custom fishing machine in months to come ?? rigged for big game or what have.. twin 115 yamaha 4 stroke engs ,outriggers 150 gal gas tanks the best of everything .it will be the hit of sanpedro ,but for now he has the two reef boats plus the 23 foot flats boat for bone and permit and tarpon... for off shore he is now starting to work with his neighbor who has a boat with a cudy cabin and can do some trolling off the other side ,off shore trolling is very slow at times waiting for the big one and some days all they get is cuda ,wich you can catch all you want next to the reef ,then there are days you can get a game fish or tuna, whahoo but the slow troll,and swell miles off shore at times?? can cause the novice angler ,to get sea sick which on capt bichos boat almost never happens do to the calm waters ,and non stop action , any way good luck to you and tight lines live the dream and enjoy

T
T
In my experience much of the fishing outside of the reef is dictatated by the weather.. When the wind blows it can get to rough to go outside,and isnt much fun. While one can go outside and troll with the smaller boats they are going to be afected more by any wave action. Having said all that, I have trolled outside with varying degrees of sucess( wahoo,king mackerel,big cudas,sharks,amber jack even some small tuna). From my expreience most of the guides will do what ever kind of fishing you want to do. As was said earlier,outside will probably be slower action but you have a chance at a larger "trophy" type fish. Most prices for guides seem to run between US200 to US275 for a full day. Anyway,IMHO see about getting a guide and inquire about fishing both inside and outside and get lots of action and then try your luck for the bigun. good luck!

Cormac Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to all for the replies. Since I wrote my last, I've found a few more deep-sea posts, and it sounds like that is a dream best deferred. We'll do the reef for a full day instead.

Captain Jeff, a question: if we want to use fishingsanpedro, should we book now for March 13-18, or is this something that can be arranged after we get there?

spoke to the famous capt bicho this am.. sold out only has one date the 15 of march left ,so I would book it quick !!!! go to his web site fishingsanpedro.com and e mail him to hold date now !!!! good fishing to you ,live the dream and enjoy

captjeff,

How about a link to your latest photos.

Steve

[email protected] to book your fishing trips.
steve the link is on the board as fishing photos ??? but you know I am internet challenged

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.