Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Can anyone tell me how the layout is at BB? We are in a dxl ocean front 1 bed, in the first bldg. Would the big or little pool be in the courtyard by our room? Where is the other pool?
Room sounds great to me, I'm just wondering because the pictures show just 1 main building..are there two?

If the "first" building means the first built, the big pool will be in your courtyard. The other pool is behind the lobby between the 2 buildings. Both are nice spots.

The original building at Banana Beach, which opened in January 1999, is a bit like some of the hotels you see in Mexico, with 30-some rooms around a central courtyard and the pool in the middle. The newer building, which opened in July 2002, is narrower and is along the north side of the original building. The pool there, smaller, is sorta between the two buildings near the lobby.

The total count is 42 suites and 24 rooms. (I know all this because I had to get the info when I was updating Fodor's Belize & Gautemala guide recently.)

I really like Banana Beach, though for me the pools are not the strongest points in the design. Some people would probably prefer a pool out on the beach near the sea.

I've always thought the one-bedroom seafront suites in the older section, especially those on the 2nd and 3rd floor corners, are the best -- the balconies are literally just a few feet from the water -- though I also like the seafront suites (expandable ) in the newer section.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.