Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#82282 03/13/04 02:10 PM
S
sean Offline OP
OP Offline
S
HEY GUYS! JUST GOT BACK FROM A GREAT TRIP IN AMBERGRISS LATE LAST NIGHT! WHAT A FANTASTIC TRIP. THE WEATHER WAS GREAT AND THE PEOPLE THERE GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO SHOW YOU A GOOD TIME. CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT CAPT.BICHO. WE CAUGHT EVERYTHING FROM FROM BARRACUDA TO BONE FISH. COOKED THEM UP ON THE BEACH AND HAD A FEAST. MET CAPT.JEFF FROM THIS BOARD AND HE WAS A GREAT HOST. WE FISHED SEVERAL DAYS WITH HIM AND CAUGHT A TON OF FISH. HAD A BEER AT COCNUTS INTERNET CAFE AND MET STEVE AND PEDRO- TWO GREAT GUYS.I'LL GET BACK WITH A FULL TRIP REPORT BUT WANTED TO ADD A COUPLE QUICK TIPS. THE BELIKEN BEER DIST. HAS T-SHIRTS AND BEER COOZIES 1/2 PRICE FROM WHAT YOU'LL FIND IN TOWN. GET A WINDOW SEAT ON THE PLANE RIDE OVER FROM BELIZE CITY TO AMBERGRIS-SO BEAUTIFUL!! TRY THE LAMINAI MAYAN TRIP WITH SUYA TOURS-A FIRST CLASS OUTFIT!IF YOU WANT TO GET SOME WOODEN BOWLS ECT., THET ARE MUCH CHEAPER ON THE MAINLAND TRIP AT THE LOCAL VILLAGE. TAKE TIME TO TALK TO THE LOCALS. THEY WILL FILL YOU IN ON THE BEST RESTAURANTS AND TRIPS TO TAKE.DRINK ALOT OF BELIKEN, SNORKEL,AND WALK THE BEACH TO TAKE IN BEAUTIFUL SUNSETS AND AND SUNRISES!! NOW I'M BACK AT WORK, ITS VERY COLD, BUT I'M TAN AND RELAXED FROM THE SAN PEDRO EXPERIENCE.I WILL BE BACK AGAIN NEXT YEAR. THANKS TO THIS SEARCH ENGINE ON THIS BOARD AND ALL THE HELP I READ HERE MY TRIP COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER! THANKS SO MUCH -SEAN

#82283 03/13/04 02:19 PM
Life is grand. Another happy camper. Thanks for sharing.

Dare To Deviate
#82284 03/13/04 02:21 PM
way to go sean!! knew you'd love it!

can't wait to hear more about all your experiences...sounds like some good ones!

join the ranks of us who are staring outside at snow today and dreaming....

#82285 03/13/04 03:58 PM
S
sean Offline OP
OP Offline
S
HEY MIKELL, I KNOW THE FEELING-EEEKKK! LOVED SEEING BAREFOOT SKINNY AND DENNIS WOLFE. I HAD THAT OCEAN FRONT SUITE AT BANANA BEACH AND WATCHED THAT SUNRISE EACH MORNING LIKE YOU DID! LOVED THEIR BANANA COLADA AND THE PINA COLADA AT CAPTAIN MORGANS.

#82286 03/13/04 03:59 PM
Sean Had Fun..... smile

#82287 03/13/04 05:15 PM
And yet another ACholic is born. smile

Welcome to the club, Sean.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#82288 03/13/04 05:22 PM
Sean, Glad to hear you are amongst the majority...everyone has a good time. We will be arriving on the 31st for 8 days. You said the weather was great. All week the link from the AC site showed rain & clouds. Even today, showing rain for almost everyday. Did it rain everyday? Mikell, what do you do for a real living? You are a great writer!

#82289 03/13/04 06:00 PM
S
sean Offline OP
OP Offline
S
hey larsteph, no bad weather, only got rain one afternoon. i'm so tan now from the sun. it was perfect weather. seems if its cloudy its just blows over. if i packed 1/2 as much, i would have been better off. barefeet, t-sirt and shorts is the norm in san pedro. even out to eat some places have soft beach sand on the floor. saw many a sign in places that read " no shoes, no shirt, no problem:. don't listen to those weather reports. posted by people that want to keep the island to themselves no doubt! bring plenty of lotion. #30 was not enough for this irish guy!

#82290 03/15/04 08:06 PM
The westher reports are from BC, not AC and can be vastly different. And, as is the norm in virtually all of the Carib & Latin America, rains come & go....so quickly if you blink your eye, you might miss it (though I do have some fond memories of some awesome late afternoon thunderstorms at Coconuts old bar.)

Bottom line - don't sweat it. cool

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#82291 03/16/04 01:14 PM
sean glad you had a great time .the capt enjoyed the time spent with you and your buddy ,love guys that like to fish/eat /and have fun !!!you do all three great/.. the fishingsanpedro.com team said you where a true sport/gentelman and they thank you for your gifts and your kind words ..we fished after you left and they still bitting like hot cakes ..capt bicho said any time your in town to stop buy for a cold one or two or three he said your part of the fishing family now !!!!! and to not forget the 4 days after the full moon ,you know what we mean shhhhhhh...glad you got to live the dream but most important ,we got to live the dream together wich was a nice addition to my trip .. go enjoy and keep in touch ...

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.