Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85649 05/02/04 04:56 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Hi, My husband and I are traveling to Belize for the first time this summer with our 4 and 7 yr. old children. Does anyone have good suggestions for dining and activites? Please info....Thanks, nomoutons

#85650 05/02/04 05:10 PM
Or Offline
anywhere, any place, they love kids down there. i took my 4 and 7 year old last year and they loved it. This year they are 5 and 8 and i will be taking them for a month. wink wink One of the best places was Ramon's village, they can swim while you eat, or drink..........

#85651 05/02/04 05:28 PM
L
L
Hi, Don't know if you have booked a hotel yet, but you might consider Caribe Island or Sunset next door. It is a wonderful place for kids. Pool, lovely beach, free paddle boats, kayaks etc. The staff is very family friendly and the restauarnt wonderful.

R.B. Mernitz
#85652 05/02/04 06:39 PM
San Pedro very kid friendly, take them to the zoo on the mainland, they will love it. My kids can't wait to return.

#85653 05/02/04 09:28 PM
S
S
I have four kiddos. My only thought is to check with the airlines about how long the flight will be. We are going just the two of us on this trip and our flight leaves at 10pm arriving in the morning. It was the only option they had. Who knows, kids at 4 and 7 might think it was an adventure with enough projects brought with if they can't sleep - but you might get tired! Just a thought.

tami
#85654 05/02/04 10:43 PM
S
S
Bless you for giving your kids this experience. San Pedro, Caye Caulker and every town has a main playground and will be a must see. Nothing special but will give you the local feeling. You the parent will have to give some time to allow your kids to enjoy, it's up to you. I suggest in SanPedro you get a plate lunch a Master Lees ($3bz for half a chicken and rice) and feed the kids at the park.

San Pedro has two main playgrounds. One is downtown, on the water by the food vendors. There are picnic benches on the beach for you to hang out while the kids play. Don't just hang at Ramons and think that is getting close to the locals. These kids, any kids don't realize the barriers between the cultures, you and your kids will be treated well and don't shield your kids from the locals (imo) who all speak english.

North of town at the cut is another park with play equipment out in wading depth water.

Bikes are cool if you can. We took a ride daily to the parks. Don't forget a soccer ball in your luggage (deflated of course). It will attract the locals for a friendly.

Mainland zoo is "cool" for only a hour or so. Plan your day for the kids, mayan ruins may look cool for you, but my nine year old could care less. But since we've been away she has said it was OK.

Day at Caye Caulker is cool. Novelo bus on the mainland is cool.

Check out my photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/jspecv

Jeff

#85655 05/03/04 02:14 PM
Or Offline
You are so right about giving the children this experience. They loved San Pedro and the main land. And yes the kids should be allowed to enjoy the true Belize. my kids loved being on the play ground, eat at the booths at the park, and feel apart of the place. Though they did love Ramons too. My little girs(5) was too young to understand but my son (8) was not. This is an essay my son wrote when we got back. smile smile smile smile
"This summer I went to Beliz. and saw Igwanus. I was in the beach. The water was dirty. (he was talking of the sea weeds.) They love'd children in Beliz. I bought a shark tooth. We went to the rainforest and took pictures of monceas (monkey) and went swiming it was fun."
i think that says it all about the people and the place. Enjoy. cool cool cool

#85656 05/03/04 02:18 PM
If you are going to be in San Ignacio, Hode's is a must to eat at with kids. Great inexpensive food and a playground in the yard, video games too. Aguada Hotel is great with kids (restaurant too). On AC, almost every place is great with kids. My one problem was Casa Picasso with extremely slow service, no kid food (except pasta) and close quarters (may have been just the night we were there). In general there is LOTS for the kids to do...Playgrounds, glass bottom boats, water trampoline & toys at Caribe Island, public library has chess competitions, etc., 2 arcades, manatee watch boat trips, etc, etc.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.