Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
OP Offline
O
Hi everyone -

My group of five is getting ready for our first trip to Belize in November. We're looking at two very good air/hotel packages from travel agencies. The choice is now between Tradewinds Paradise Villas and the Villas at Banyan Bay.

They are both for 2-bedroom condos, and the Banyan Bay quote is $100 more per person. I know Banyan Bay is a high-end resort and probably worth the extra money. However, one in our group is concerned that Banyan Bay will be TOO high-end for us. We are a laid back group - one artist, one small business owner, three that work for nonprofits/public interest - a Tevas and Birkenstocks kind of crowd. My friend grew up with money in the country club crowd and does not want to stay at a resort where he'll feel like he needs to have a polo shirt on all the time... those are his words, not mine :-)

Is this a concern? I tried to reassure him that San Pedro is a very laid back place no matter where you stay, but I don't want him to be uncomfortable. I like the idea of having more room at Banyan Bay, and a veranda (the Paradise condo is an upstairs unit and has no veranda), but Paradise looks like a fine condo complex as well.

Any input? Thanks!

...life can happen at any moment...
Your choice of Banyan Bay us great. Better beach area and no polo shirt required. In fact many places in San Pedro you don't even need to wear shoes. Very casual. The veranda or balcony is definitely a plus as it is great to sit and just watch the waves break off the reef!

C
C
You would have to work REAL hard to find anyplace in San Pedro that would give you the feeling of the "country club crowd". In fact I don't think it's possible. Tell him not to worry.

Banyan Bay also has a great plus - it's got Rico's Restaurant - excellent in my mind.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
O
OP Offline
O
Thanks for your replies - we're going with Banyan Bay. Can't wait!

T
Tom Offline
T
Banyan Bay is beautiful and has a restaurant on property but is a ways from town.

Paradise Villas is also very nice but does not have a restaurant on property and is right on the edge of town and very close to everything.

The choice is yours as to what you like better.No Polo Shirts required anywhere that I can think of not even at the Yacht Club. Used to be Belize Yacht Club but is now the Island Yacht Club, new owners.
Kat

My 2 cents: Paradise Villa! Beach area may not be as great but the staff is wonderful, the pool is nice, and it's a 5-10 min. walk to anywhere in town & 2 grocery stores. Save the extra $100 & eat anywhere in town.

Our party of four just returned from 7 days at Banyan Bay and LOVED IT!! Beach and pool are gorgeous, and the rooms are beautiful and spacious. Rico's has great food and awesome frozen drinks! Definitely not a "stuffy" place - we usually went to Rico's barefoot and in bathingsuits. No shirt, no shoes, no problem. After a week on the island, we all agreed that if we go back, it will be to Banyan Bay.

O
OP Offline
O
thanks for the input - 28 days and counting!

S
S
You definitely picked one of the best resorts on AC in my opinion. We traveled with 2 other couples this past March, and my wife & stayed at Banyan Bay, while the other couples stayed at Banana Beach & Mata Rocks. Although Banyan Bay is more expensive, you get what you pay for.

The staff was very friendly & accomodating from the moment they picked us up from the airport. The maids keep your condo spotless, and are always friendly. The condos are very spacious, and the ocean views were excellent (keep in mind we went with the ocean-front room).

Ricos is a very good place to unwind, have a couple pops, and some excellent food. Try their signature Tortillia soup...awesome, the conch fritters were quite tasty as well.

Put your mind at ease, you have made a great choice w/ BB!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.