Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#95223 01/05/05 12:17 PM
D
doggums Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I have been reading posts on various topics for our first trip to Belize/Ambergris this coming May and want to thank you all for the valuable information you provide. When looking at places to stay on Ambergris, and a variety of posts in this board, there seem to be many references to swimming from the ends of docks. My previous warm weather vacations all involved simply wading into the ocean from the beach to take a swim. Am I to assum that it is too rocky near the shore to do this safely? If so, is this the case along the entire shore, or just in spots? Are there good places to stay in or near town that one can swim from the beach? Thanks in advance for your help.

Not rocky, just a lot of turtle grass on the bottom in most places. Some people are squeemish about walking through it. In most spots its fairly shallow out to the end of the piers, so not much "swimming" close to the beach. I don't go in the water much without a snorkel, unless there is surf to play in (which there ain't here), so I don't know if any resorts clean the grass out for swimming.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
D
doggums Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks for your response, a more dilligent search on my part found similar information regarding the grass situation, and that it seems to be less in some areas, with some resorts actually cleaning it out. Thanks again, no more info needed.

Does anyone know if there is a ladder into the water at the end of the dock at Case de Lisa?

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.