Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
I saw a video on TV and it showed a small colorful shack - it appeared to be over the water - and outside the shack were 2 chairs, one had brightly colored parrot and toucan for the chair back and the other had a fish back and seahorse legs. Does anyone know the name of the shack or anything about these chairs. I believe it was in San Pedro.........

PLEASE HELP

S
S
The artist has a shop just south of the cut on the west side of the street. His name escapes me at the moment.

The Gift shop at Banyan Bay has two chairs like you describe. It is also over the water and very colorful

Simon,

You are right. He's moved around a bit the last few years. Used to be right across from the ball field at the end of Middle Street. Mid 30's sort of fella, also has some interesting fishes, etc. We have three of his chairs at home and all are signed, but I must stay at my post doing the usual fleecing of the unsuspecting public so I can't share the name. Maybe later.

Rene

S
S
Rene Guerra to be exact and you can reach him at 001-501-605-2933. Shipping to the US isn't a problem and they had the exact chairs you described when I dropped in.

They disassemble easily for transport. Reassemble pretty easy too. Just make sure the enamel is COMPLETELY dry or you will have some interesting touch up work to do.

C
OP Offline
C
WOW... everyone here has been great and really helpful. We are going to Ambergris Caye Thanksgiving week and now we can find these chairs.

Thanx again to everyone that helped out.

R
R
We have bought 3 chairs, a table and numerous wall decorations from Rene..GREAT stuff...They do come apart and can be packed so you can take them back as checked baggage. If you go over your baggage limit it might be cheaper to pay for the extra bag instead of shipping it. It's a good idea to take a few photos of the chair before it is taken apart so you can put it back together easier.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.