Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#118653 03/02/06 09:42 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Hello everyone,

I plan on taking my two sons on a snorkeling trip to Ambergris Caye sometime in June.

I would like some opinions on where's a nice place to stay with good snorkeling off the beach. And, any recommendations on snorkeling tour guides?

The boy's are 8 & 10.

Thanks!

Pat

Banana Beach or Sunbreeze would be great places. They both have nice pools and some decent beaches. There is more to do right around the Sunbreeze but Banana gives you a very nice breakfast.

The Palms and Xanadu are also good family places, along with the above. No real snorkeling off the shore but it is pretty decent under Ramon's pier (next to The Palms). Lil Alfonse for snorkeling guide.

It's not wise to snorkel right off-shore. Way too much boat traffic.

You will see some hotel dock areas that are cordoned off with buoys, these piers normally have some kind of habitat for wonderful little sea creatures, and are safe from boats. Victoria House and Ramon's piers definitely have neat snorkel areas under the piers.

Have the boys start looking up sea horses, octopus, shrimps etc in their books or on-line so they can begin getting excited! Other creatures to look for include the little sponge crabs, bristle star fish, sea urchins, cow fish... the list goes on.

Ohh, you have to go to Rico's at Banyan Bay for lunch one day. Go to the gazebo and throw in some kind of food, then sit back and watch the eels vying for the scraps. Really cool!
Have a blast.

I forgot, in the Mar De Tumbo beach area which includes Banana Beach Resort, Banyan Bay, Grand Colony and Mata Rocks Resort there is the most popular beach on the island.

Although we don't have wide expanses of beach we do have some neat sand bars that the kids love jumping around in. They are at Mar De Tumbo beach. Especially on the weekends tons of locals come to this area to picnic and hang.

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks! everyone for the info.

Banana Beach is full. I tried Victoria House because mom wants to go now(after she saw where and what I was up too). That's booked as well for the time we need, 1st week in June.

I have the travel agent checking on what's available.

I'm anxious to see what she(agent) says.

I'll let ya know what I find out.

Thanks again!

Pat

S
S
The Villas at Banyan Bay offer the only "Children's Reef" on the island. Also at Banyan Bay is Mar de Tumbo beach - the best on AC. Nice spacious 2br suites with a great pool.

Check tripadvisor.com

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Or maybe Mata Rocks Resort. Tried Royal Palm Villas - not a full service resort but walking distance to all of the others mentioned here.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.