Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Billiam Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Greetings All:

Old registered member but first time post. My sister is getting married at the Caribbean Villas at the end of June. I will be travelling to AC with my family and am looking for economical accomodations because there are 5 of us. I noticed on the map that there is a gap between Xanadu and Banana Beach Resort. What is located there?

Banana Beach is in the Mar Tumbolo area. Do most resorts there have a sea wall? Does Banana Beach have a seawall? Which areas of the island have the better beach snorkeling?

Sorry to ask so many questions I am a newbie here.

TIA

Billiam

There is a seawall at Banana Beach. Mata Rocks on the other side of Banana Beach has no seawall nor does Xanadu

In between Xanadu and Banana Beach are Bayan Bay and Grand Colony.

IMHO there is not any good snorkeling off the beaches. Around some of the piers is ok.

B
B
Xanadu put in a seawall a little over two years ago. But it doesn't detract from the 'beach use-ability', there is a pool, there is also swimming at the end of the pier, and perhaps seawalls protect the shoreline from erosion. (Not that the wave action seems very mighty!)

L
L
What is your concern with the Seawall? To me it does little to protect and if you were there, It's not that important to the use of a beach area. Most of the places without a seawall look prettier and have better visual effects, just my opinion.

L
L
Belliam, you might want to check out the homes in the for rent section under CAYE MANAGEMENT for places to stay since you have a large party, We're talking as little as $1000.00 US per week for all 5 of you. That could grant you a 3 bdrm/2 bath home and split the price..Just an option.

Nice shot.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Originally posted by Kaye&Scott:
We enjoy a beach just to be able to walk out in the water a bit. This is BB and Mata Rocks next door. We much prefer a place with a beach.

[Linked Image]
laugh laugh laugh laugh mobunny

In seven weeks we'll be there. smile cool

OK folks, find the 6 things different between the two pictures.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

You got me, looks like the same pic. What could be different? Only the person looking at it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.