Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#225071 12/31/06 03:46 PM
OP Offline
Buyer beware. I needed to purchase a water cooler for our place on the island last week. After checking out several store's around town, Castillo's, Hamouch etc. None to be found. I go to Malak hardware store on Pescadore drive and found one (last one in the store, Box open). It had cold, hot and room temp and a storage area below for "sterilization" confused. $400.00bz, (OK I know a bit expensive even for San Pedro but I can't find any others this time of year) so I buy it. I say to the salesman "If this doesn't work or I don't like it I can bring it back for a refund Right? He Say's "no problem you bring back with box-full refund" Great, off we go and drag it on back up north and put the water bottle on it plug it in let it cool/heat up/down. 2 days later the tarmac on the runway @ SP airport is cooler than the water in my cooler so we unplug it, box it back up lug it back to town and bring it back to Malak's. After Ignoring me for about 10 minutes, I ask the salesman if he could help me with a return. He asks me "why are you stressed man" I tell him Jokingly, "I'm not stressed Bro I'm in San Pedro" And I laugh. he then asks me what do I need I say I just want return this (Non-working) cooler for a refund. He than asks "what's wrong with it?" I tell him it doesn't get cold. He Say's He will have to get someone to look at it in the next few days and see if they can fix it. I tell him I will not be here very much longer so I would prefer a refund as I don't want to lug this one back up north and find out it still doesn't work. he tells me he has to call his boss. He calls the boss and tells me to come back in one hour and the boss will be there to talk to me. I go and do some other things around town and come back to the store and the boss is there (With a handgun tucked in his waistband eek) He asks me the same things as the other guy etc. etc.,I tell him "I just want my money back that's all, The cooler does not work, so give me my money back." He tells me I should wait until the repairman has time to look at it and fix it, I say "NO Just give me my money back" He then tells me that It will cost me 10% to return the "BROKEN" cooler. I thought ms 2miles was going to leap across the counter at him so I quickly said " FINE" and took the 90% refund and left the store. My suggestion is for anyone who shops at Malaks Hardware store, BEWARE of the refund policy as it is not posted anywhere in the store. mad

S
S
Front for Hezbollah. Support Mr. Castillo at Castillo's hardware.

Why do we have so many Lebanese operated stores on this Island?

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Why do we have so many hardware stores? and more opening every week!

would the massive constuction boom going on all over the Island have anything to do with it?

Never Use money to measure wealth
Partly but that doesn't account for this many!!!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
But in any case, don't buy anything on a verbal promise. Especially here, but anywhere.

#225079 12/31/06 04:40 PM
OP Offline
True Pedro2, By the way, I stopped by your "New" location up north the other day and Elbert told me you did not move in. But I guess since you did not "promise" to move in it's Ok then wink

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
OP Offline
SIN, I tried to support Mr. Castillo but he did not have any coolers there. I also noticed that mahogany wood is getting very hard to come by on the island due to the high demand. My friend had to buy some very expensive wood from someone up north so he could finish a project.

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
This time of year there is a seasonal shortage of wood in Belize due to loggers/mills inability to work in wet muddy conditions. The supply will loosen up as things dry out.

S
S
Water coolers are a tough one. In my limited experience I usually found renting from Bary Bowen was the best bet at $20bz/month.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.