Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rach72 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Greetings,
I posted a while ago about Isla Mujeres v. AC and I'm happy to report, thanks to all the helpful responses... we decided to honeymoon in AC! We're very excited to come down in November but have more questions. We've heard that Belizean shores is a great place to stay so would love input on that and also wanted to know if the ferry/water taxi shuts down early such that we'd be stranded in town if we stay there late. Thanks in advance!

B
B
Hey there- we visited the belizean shores last week- we thought it was very nice- the grounds were pretty and well kept and the pool was really nice as well with a pool bar. Also got to see the interior of a room and they were very comfortable as well- think you will like it there a lot. I have pictures of the rooms if you would like to see- currently I am searching for the cord that attaches my camera to the computer but when I find it I'll post some. As for town access- We took a golf cart from town to this resort. The roads suck but they are passable if you go slow- it took us 20 minutes (a long 20 min) to get to belizean shores via golf cart. We did this during the day, so I don't know if the north road is lit at night or not- you might want to find that out. Also, I don't know what the road will be like in November- if it will wash out in the rain. For the water taxi- I don't remember times 100% but I think they stop running around 9pm every night- a few nights a week (Wednesday, Friday and Saturday I think) they have late night runs at 12 pm and 1 (or 2) am- double check the days and times but that is the general idea. :-)

S
S
The road up North is passable day or night when it is dry. Just remember at night the insects can be bad enough to carry you away. When it rains, it will take twice as long to get anywhere, if you can make it at all. Lots of mud holes and you will get stuck.

I just talked to the owner of Island Ferry. The ferry has late runs North at 11:00, 12:00 PM and 1:00 AM. If there are four or more people, they all travel at the regular rate depending on how far North they go. If there are less than four, the rate is based on a private ferry. Belizean Shores is $50.00 BZ for a private. After Journey's End the rate goes up.

Belizean Shores is a great place. My wife and I used to own a condo there before we moved here full time.

"Just another Day in Paradise"
R
Rach72 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Excellent, thank you both for the information!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.