Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Hi,

I just found this board and it is so helpful. I had a few questions that I was hope to get some help on.

We are planning on staying at Mata Chica (5 Miles N of San Pedro) for 5 days around Sept 30th.

1) Fishing - I want to do two days (wife permitting) of fishing: Light tackle Tarpon & possibly Big Game for Marlin/Wahoo/Tuna. I am sure the wife will come on the flats, but probably not off shore for Big Game.

Does the season make sense for both of these? At that time of year what would you suggest I do for two trips. Last, does anyone have a good boat/guide suggestion. Should I book now.

2) Location - Any feedback on the hotel? Does the location cause a problem getting into town? Also, how bad are the mosquitos going to be up there.

I know this is a lot of questions, but I usually like to plan ahead. I am excited about heading down to AC. It looks like it is a perfect us: Good food, nighlife, fishing & relaxing beach/spa for wife too.

Hi Mikecfish
Can't help with the fishing info but if you check out Capt Jeff's fishing / dining reports under Trip Reports, there is lots of information there. Including how to book with who, etc
Sounds like you may be spending alot of time in town (good food, nitelife) so you may find the commute back and forth to your resort becomes a pain..
Make the most of your trip and enjoy it.. when you make your next trip, you will be better informed on what's where and other places to stay if you find the commute too much.

Relaxing on the beach at Mata Chica will be no problem
Gail

I answered you on the other thread about MC being closed but now that I see this one and your interest in fishing, how about considering El Pescador. They probably have the best fishing guides on the island. Offer standard hotel rooms in lodge building or individual villas. No small individual cabanas. Or if you are not locked into the North island, consider Victoria House south of town. Great fishing guides. Excellent service, variety of accommodations including individual cabanas. Closing in October this year so will be open in Sept. Very accessible to town but still quiet and somewhat secluded. Great restaurant. Easy access to town for other restaurants and nightlife.

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks guys...

Barbara...I will check out the guides at El Pescador. I think the wife wants more of a beach cabana style place with a spa. As nice as they can get for our 1 yr anniversary. El Pescador might not work for lodging.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.