Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Alberto Bradley's "Cristina" reels in victory
Despite the cloudy skies, the Blue Water challenge had the participation of 13 boats and a total of 40 anglers who embraced the fishing challenge on Sunday, October 13th over the Pan American holiday. And just after the horn sounded for the official weigh in, it was evident that Alberto Bradley�s monster shark stood a good chance to take the grand prize, itweighed 202.5 pounds and proved difficult and very heavy to handle.

Here are the winners: first place for biggest fish went to �Cristina� captained by Alberto Bradley with his 202.5 pound shark. Second place for biggest fish caught went to �Nai� captained by Omero Graniel with his 142.5 pound shark. Rounding up third place for the heaviest single fish was �Flor� captained by Leonardo Bradley who reeled in a 35 pound sailfish. Top prize for the Calcutta went to Maritza Bradley and second to Raul Gonzalez and Jenny Staines. Youngest angler went to Byron Lara who received one year free internet at Holy Cross School. Armando Gonzalez onboard �Suleima� caught the biggest kingfish of 14.5 pounds and received $100. Biggest Barracuda went to Leonardo Bradley onboard �Flor� with his 11 pound catch. Vernon Wilson onboard �Outreach� reeled in the biggest Wahoo of 23 pounds.

[Linked Image]
This 200 pound bull shark was the biggest fish caught.

For more pics and a video, see these links:
http://www.sanpedrosun.blogspot.com/
http://www.sanpedrosun.net/08-401.html

I thought that Bill Fish where suppose to be on the protected species list? If I am wrong please tell me so, but that is one of the first times I have ever seem a sail fish not released.

love like you've never been hurt, work like you don't need the money,dance like no one is watching
Unless these"fish" will be put to use (i.e. consumption) there is no good reason to hold such a tournament. I have not seen all of the rules of this competition, but it is very sad to see sharks being pulled from the water.

It's great to be .....

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.